Mark Webber (actor)
Webber in June 2014
Mark Allen Webber
July 19, 1980
|Residence||Adelaide, South Australia, Australia|
|Occupation||Actor, screenwriter, director|
Webber was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where he spent his early years. His mother, Cheri Lynn Honkala, is a noted advocate for the homeless in Philadelphia, and was the vice-presidential nominee of the Green Party in the 2012 presidential election. He was raised by his single mother in North Philadelphia. There they spent time homeless, living in cars and abandoned buildings, and struggling to survive during the harsh winters. Webber's life was subsequently the subject of a major news magazine story. He and his mother have been for many years and still are outspoken homeless advocates. They organize walks in protest, help to educate voters, and volunteer to help provide food and shelter to the urban poor in Philadelphia and elsewhere. Cheri Honkala ran for Sheriff of Philadelphia in 2011 with the Green Party on a "no evictions" platform.
Webber began his acting career in 1998. He favors "offbeat independent productions and challenging roles that involve intense characterization."
Webber was formerly in a relationship with actress Frankie Shaw. They have a son together. The end of his relationship with Shaw inspired Webber to create his film The End of Love, which starred Webber and his son and premiered at Sundance in January 2012. Webber and Shaw share joint custody of their son.
In September 2012, Webber began dating Australian actress Teresa Palmer after she contacted him via Twitter. They became engaged in August 2013, and married on December 21, 2013 in Mexico. They welcomed their first child, a son, born in February 2014. Webber and Palmer reside in the Beachwood Canyon community of Los Angeles. Their second son was born in December 2016. In April 2019 they had a daughter, Poet Lake.
|2002||The Laramie Project||Aaron McKinney||TV Movie|
|2008||T Takes||The Guest in Room 207||Episode: "Room 207"|
|2010||Medium||Blond Man / Man in Fireproof Suit||Episode: "Native Tongue"|
|2010||Gift of the Magi||Jim Young||TV Movie|
|2017-2019||SMILF||Father Eddie||3 episodes|
|2018||L.A. Confidential||Bud White||TV Pilot|
|1998||The Evil Within||Ralph|
|1999||Jesus' Son||Jack Hotel|
|1999||Drive Me Crazy||Dave|
|2000||Snow Day||Hal Brandston|
|2001||The Rising Place||Will Bacon|
|2001||Storytelling||Scooby Livingston||Segment: "Non-Fiction"|
|2002||Hollywood Ending||Tony Waxman|
|2002||People I Know||Ross|
|2002||Bomb the System||Anthony 'Blest' Campo|
|2004||Winter Solstice||Pete Winters|
|2005||Broken Flowers||The Kid|
|2006||Just Like the Son||Daniel|
|2006||The Hottest State||William Harding|
|2007||The Good Life||Jason Prayer|
|2007||The Memory Thief||Lukas|
|2008||Explicit Ills||Picket Crowd Member||Uncredited|
|2009||Life Is Hot in Cracktown||Ridley|
|2010||Scott Pilgrim vs. the World||Stephen Stills||Also singer|
|2012||The End of Love||Mark|
|2012||Save the Date||Jonathan|
|2012||For a Good Time, Call...||Sean|
|2013||Goodbye World||Benji Henry|
|2013||Welcome to Willits: After Sundown||Brock||Short film|
|2014||13 Sins||Elliot Brindle|
|2014||The Ever After||Thomas|
|2017||Inheritance||Ben / Mara's brother|
|2017||Flesh and Blood||Mark|
|2017||The Scent of Rain and Lightning||Chase|
|2018||Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot||Mike|
|2019||The Place of No Words|
- According to the State of Minnesota. Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Abbott, Karen (July 31, 2000). "Unwelcome in America". Salon.
- "Social Movement Leader Bio". appstate.edu.
- Steinmetz, Katy (July 11, 2012). "The Green Team: Jill Stein's Third-Party Bid to Shake Up 2012". TIME. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Mark Webber movies, photos, movie reviews, filmography, and biography…". Archive.is. 17 January 2013. Archived from the original on 17 January 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- "Philly Sheriff Candidate Would Turn Selective Enforcement on its Head". Thiscantbehappening.net. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- Kaufman, Amy (January 25, 2012). "Sundance 2012: Mark Webber's unsuspecting castmate". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- Cohn, Beverly (March 21, 2013). "Mark Webber Discusses "The End Of Love"". Santa Monica Mirror. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- Galla, Brittany (August 3, 2013). "Teresa Palmer, Warm Bodies Star, Engaged to Mark Webber!". Us Weekly. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (December 21, 2013). "Teresa Palmer Marries Mark Webber in Mexico Wedding Before Baby Arrives". Us Weekly. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (February 18, 2014). "Teresa Palmer Welcomes Baby Boy With Husband Mark Webber". Us Weekly. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Christie, Joel (11 March 2013). "A day in the life of Teresa Palmer". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Marquina, Sierra (2016-12-12). "Teresa Palmer Gives Birth to Baby Boy Forest Sage - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Teresa Palmer Welcomes Third Child, A Daughter". Retrieved 13 April 2019./