Mark Strange (bishop)
|The Most Reverend|
Bishop of Moray, Ross and Caithness|
Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church
|Church||Scottish Episcopal Church|
|Diocese||Diocese of Moray, Ross and Caithness|
|Installed||23 October 2007|
|Consecration||23 October 2007|
|Born||2 November 1961|
|Residence||St John’s Arpafeelie|
|Children||1 son and 2 daughters|
|Alma mater||University of Aberdeen|
Mark Jeremy Strange (born 2 November 1961) is a British Anglican bishop. He is the current Bishop of Moray, Ross and Caithness in the Scottish Episcopal Church. He is the Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church, having been elected at an Episcopal Synod in Edinburgh on 27 June 2017.
Early life and educationEdit
He was educated at the University of Aberdeen, where awarded a Licentiate of Theology in 1982. After working in one of the Licensed trades from 1982 to 1984, he continued his education at Lincoln Theological College, C.M.M. 1987.
He was ordained in the Anglican ministry a deacon in 1989 and priest in 1990. His first pastoral appointment was as a curate at St Barnabas with Christ Church, Worcester (1989–92), then the Vicar of St Wulfstan's, Warndon, Worcester (1992–98). He moved to Scotland, where his was the Rector of Holy Trinity, Elgin and Priest in charge of the churches of St Margaret's, Lossiemouth, St Michael's, Dufftown and St Margaret's, Aberlour (1998–2007).
He was elected Bishop of Moray, Ross and Caithness in June 2007, and consecrated and installed in a special service at St Andrew's Cathedral, Inverness on 13 October 2007. On 27 June 2017, he was elected Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church.
- "Bishop Mark's Blog". The Scottish Episcopal Church. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Bertie, David M. (2000). Scottish Episcopal Clergy, 1689–2000. Edinburgh: T & T Clark. p. 452. ISBN 0567087468.
- Who's Who, 2008. London: A & C Black. 2008. ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory. London: Church House Publishing. 1995. ISBN 0-7151-8088-6.
- "St Barnabas with Christ Church". Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Consecration of new Bishop of Moray, Ross & Caithness". The Scottish Episcopal Church. 11 October 2007. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "New Bishop of Moray, Ross & Caithness Consecrated". The Scottish Episcopal Church. 14 October 2007. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Scottish Episcopal Church elects Rt Rev Mark Strange as new Primus". BBC News. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mark Strange (Anglican bishop).|
- Biography of Bishop Mark Strange
|Scottish Episcopal Church titles|
John Michael Crook
| Bishop of Moray, Ross and Caithness
2007 to Present
| Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church
2017 to Present