Mark Patterson (investor)
Mark Patterson is a South African born American private equity and hedge fund businessman, notable for co-founding, along with David Matlin, the private equity firm MatlinPatterson Global Advisors of which he has been Chairman since 2002.
After matriculating from St. Andrew's College, Grahamstown Patterson went on to study Law and Economics at Stellenbosch University and an M.B.A. from New York University Stern School of Business.
Along with Matlin, Patterson founded MattlinPatterson, a private equity firm.
In 2002, the firm launched its first fund and received a $200 million investment from Credit Suisse. Credit Suisse did not invest in the firm's second fund, but did invest in the third fund.
The funds have invested in many companies, including XL Health, NRG, Huntsman Corporation, CalAtlantic Homes, Gleacher & Co. (formerly Broadpoint Securities), Thornberg Mortgage, Flagstar Bank, Minara, Polymer Group, Ormet, ATA Airlines, Arrow Air, and Varig Logistica.
24 Hours of Le Mans resultsEdit
|2013||Murphy Prototypes|| Brendon Hartley
|2014||Ram Racing|| Johnny Mowlem
|Ferrari 458 Italia GT2||GTE
|2015||Murphy Prototypes|| Nathanaël Berthon
|2016||Team AAI|| Oliver Bryant
|Chevrolet Corvette C7.R||GTE
|2017||Algarve Pro Racing|| Matt McMurry
|Ligier JS P217-Gibson||LMP2||330||32nd||15th|
|2018||Algarve Pro Racing|| Ate de Jong
|Ligier JS P217-Gibson||LMP2||237||DNF||DNF|
- "Company overview". Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Chishakwe, Tai (October 3, 2014). "The Most Expensive Boarding Schools in the Eastern Cape are..." R News.
- Executive Profile Mark R. Patterson
- Tracy, Tennille (April 6, 2007). "Credit Suisse Renews Ties With MatlinPatterson". The Wall Street Journal.(subscription required)
- Template:Cite web url=http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/boyd-england-patterson-return-to-united-autosports-for-elms/
- Junk Time. Forbes, September 4, 2008
|This article about a private equity or venture capital investor or other notable person is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|