Mark Manson (born March 9, 1984) is an American self-help author and blogger. As of 2019 he had authored three books, two of which, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck, and Everything Is Fucked: A Book About Hope, were The New York Times bestsellers.
Manson in 2018
|Alma mater||Boston University|
|The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck (2016)|
Mark Manson was raised in Austin, Texas, in the United States. He moved to Boston, Massachusetts, to study and graduated from Boston University with a degree in international business in 2007. In 2016 he married Fernanda Neute.
Manson started his first blog about dating advice in 2008.
In 2015, Manson published a blog article "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck", which would form the basis of his second book by the same name.
His second book, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life, was published in 2016. It appeared on the New York Times Bestseller List at number six in the category of How-to and Miscellaneous in the week of October 2, 2016. and rose to number one on the list the week of July 16, 2017.. As of May 2020, the book has spent 179 weeks in the top 10 .
Manson's third book, Everything Is Fucked: A Book About Hope, was published by HarperCollins in 2019. It debuted at number one on the New York Times Bestseller List for Advice, How-to, and Miscellaneous.
This section needs expansion with: a more balanced, complete critical perspective of Manson's work. You can help by adding to it. (July 2019)
Erica Rivera, writing for Mandatory.com, describes Manson's style in the book as being "as blunt as a man-to-man chat", and Katharine Pushkar describes it as "foul-mouthed, funny-as-hell, [and] dead-on", and his philosophy thus: "that life is hard, you're not special, happiness is a hollow goal and therefore you should make sure you're focused on the truly worthwhile", in her review in the New York Daily News.
- Vongkiatkajorn, Kanyakrit. "Stop Trying to Feel Awesome All the Time, Says Millennial Whisperer". Mother Jones. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- "The Subtle art of Successful Blogging – an interview with NYT Bestseller Mark Manson". Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Mark Manson: We do awful things in relationships because we're scared or hurt". The Guardian. March 26, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- ""The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck" Author Actually Gives A Few". July 23, 2019. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- Manson, Mark (July 22, 2011). "Models: Attract Women Through Honesty". Createspace Independent Pub – via Google Books.
- Manson, Mark (September 11, 2017). "Models: Attract Women Through Honesty". Pan Macmillan Australia – via Google Books.
- "MIT Library Catalog". MIT Library Catalog. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Best Sellers: Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous—October 1, 2016". The New York Times. October 2, 2016. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "Best Sellers: Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous—July 16, 2017". The New York Times. July 16, 2017. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "New York Times Best-Sellers: Advice, How-To, and Miscellaneous". New York Times. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Everything Is F*cked". HarperCollins Publishers. May 14, 2019. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- "New York Times Bestsellers: Advice, How-to, Miscellaneous—Week of May 26, 2019". New York Times. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Penguin Random House Acquires Will Smith's Autobiography". Penguin Random House. October 19, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- Rivera, Erica. "Interview: Mark Manson on "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck"". Mandatory. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- Pushkar, Katherine. "The last f—king self-help book you'll ever buy". NY Daily News. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mark Manson.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Mark Manson|