Mark Tadeo Lapid (born February 16, 1980) is an actor and politician in the Philippines. He is a former Governor of Pampanga (2004–2007). President Benigno Aquino III appointed him as chief operating officer of the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA). TIEZA is an attached agency of the Department of Tourism (DOT) that designates, regulates and supervises tourism enterprise zones established under Republic Act 9593.
|Governor of Pampanga|
June 30, 2004 – June 30, 2007
|Preceded by||Lito Lapid|
|Succeeded by||Ed Panlilio|
|Philippine Tourism Authority General Manager|
August 1, 2008 – October 14, 2015
|Succeeded by||Guiller Asido|
Marco Tadeo Lapid
February 16, 1980
San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines
|Political party||Aksyon Demokratiko|
|Children||Mischa Amidala Garcia Lapid|
Matilda Anika Garcia Lapid
|Alma mater||Angeles University Foundation|
University of the Philippines, Los Baños
|Website||WWW. Mark Lapid PH|
Mark Lapid began his career in public service at a very young age. He was elected as SK (Sanggunian Kabataan) Chairman at the age of 16. Concurrently, Lapid served as the province's youth sector representative in the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Pampanga.
He was elected Governor of Pampanga at the young age of 24. While Governor, Lapid successfully made Pampanga one of the top ten most productive provinces in the Philippines. Lapid's tenure as Governor was marked by an increase in infrastructure spending.
Lapid filed his CoC (Certificate of Candidacy) for Senator last October 14, 2015. Lapid will be running under the Koalisyon ng Daang Matuwid. but lost placing 19th in the polls, behind coalition mate, Sec. Jericho Petilla
In a senatorial forum held on January 29, 2016 in the University of the Philippines - Diliman, he supported peace in Mindanao and same-sex marriage, which gave him one of the best approval applause from the students of UP.
Lapid belongs to the Aksyon Demokratiko Party
He is the son of former Senator Lito Lapid and Marissa Tadeo-Lapid.
He is married to actress Tanya Garcia in a civil wedding on July 30, 2010 at Marissa Hall in Porac, Pampanga. They have two daughters, Mischa Amidala (born September 21, 2007), and Matilda Anika (born October 29, 2010) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Largado, Ibabalik Kita Sa Pinanggalingan Mo! (1999)
- Mahal Kita... Kahit Sino Ka Pa! (2001)
- Dugong Aso: Mabuting Kaibigan, Masamang Kaaway (2001)
- Pistolero (2002)
- Apoy sa Dibdib ng Samar (2006)
- Batas Militar (2006)
- Tatlong Baraha (2006)
- Ang Panday 2 (2011)
- Pacer 3 (2012)
- Pinoy Super Kid (2012)
- ABNKKBSNPLAko!? (2014)
- Ang Panday (2017)
- Jack Em Popoy: The Puliscredibles (2018)
- Lapu-Lapu (2002)
- http://www.pep.ph/spotlight/controversies/12529/Mark-Lapid-cut-child-support,-claims- "Mark Lapid cut child support, claims 'wife'"
- http://www.pep.ph/news/26356/mark-lapid-and-tanya-garcia-finally-tie-the-knot "Mark Lapid and Tanya Garcia finally tie the knot"
- http://www.pep.ph/news/27276/tanya-garcia-gives-birth-to-second-child-with-mark-lapid-in-las-vegas "Tanya Garcia gives birth to second child with Mark Lapid in Las Vegas"
- http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/294578/news/nation/palace-denies-mark-lapid-has-been-replaced-as-tieza-chief "Palace denies Mark Lapid has been replaced as TIEZA chief"