|Organization||Canadian Society of Cinematographers|
American Society of Cinematographers
He is widely known for his early collaborations with David Cronenberg on films such as Fast Company, Scanners, Videodrome, The Dead Zone, and The Fly. Irwin has also been a main collaborator for several directors such as Wes Craven, Todd Phillips and The Farrelly brothers. He has worked primarily in the genres of horror and comedy film. He is a four-time recipient of the CSC Award for Best Cinematography in a Theatrical Feature, and a Genie Award nominee.
Awards and nominationsEdit
- CableACE Award for Direction of Photography and/or Lighting Direction for a Comedy or Dramatic Series:
- The Ray Bradbury Theater (1985; 1 episode)
- Genie Award for Best Achievement in Cinematography:
- Videodrome (1983)
- CSC Award for Best Cinematography in a Theatrical Feature
- "Mark Irwin, CSC, ASC". Worldwide Production Agency | WPA. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Irwin, Victoria. "Mark Irwin C.S.C. A.S.C." www.markirwincscasc.com. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- "Mark Irwin". cinematographers.nl. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Interview: Cinematographer Mark Irwin on Filming "Night School" (1981) | man is the warmest place to hide". manisthewarmestplacetohide.com. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- "MARK IRWIN". www.cinematographers.nl. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- Barry, Sal (August 7, 2016). "The Making of 'Youngblood: An Oral History". The Hockey News. Retrieved October 24, 2016.