Mark F. Giuliano
Mark F. Giuliano was the Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation from December 1, 2013 until his retirement from the FBI on February 1, 2016.
Mark F. Giuliano
|15th Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation|
December 1, 2013 – February 1, 2016
|Preceded by||Sean M. Joyce|
|Succeeded by||Andrew McCabe|
|Born||Middleburg Heights, Ohio, U.S.|
|Education||St. Edward High School|
|Alma mater||College of Wooster|
Giuliano joined the FBI's Washington, D.C. Field Office as a Special Agent in 1988, where he worked on the Safe Streets and Gang Task Force, and served on SWAT as an Assault Team Leader. While there, he received the Director's Award for Excellence in Investigation. In 1997, he was promoted to Supervisory Special Agent in the Violent Crimes Section at FBI Headquarters, where he was responsible for the fugitive and Ten Most Wanted programs.
From 2005 to 2010, Giuliano served in the FBI Atlanta Field Office, Atlanta, Georgia, and during his tenure there, he served in Afghanistan as the FBI Commander on the scene. From 2010 to 2011, he served as the Assistant Director of the FBI Counterterrorism Division within the National Security Branch. From 2011 to 2012, he has served as the Executive Assistant Director of the FBI National Security Branch. From August 2012 to November 2013, he served as the Special Agent in Charge (SAC) of the FBI Atlanta Field Office.
- "Mark F. Giuliano Named Deputy Director of the FBI" (Press release). FBI. November 5, 2013. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "Mark Giuliano To Be Named FBI's Deputy Director". Huffington Post. November 5, 2013. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "Andrew G. McCabe Named Deputy Director of the FBI" (Press release). FBI. January 29, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "Northeast Ohio Native, Mark Giuliano, Tapped as FBI Deputy Director". WKYC-TV. November 5, 2013. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- Dave Miller (November 6, 2013). "FBI Promotes Atlanta Bureau Chief". WALB-TV. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
Sean M. Joyce
| Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
2013 – 2016