Marita Lindahl (17 October 1938 – 21 March 2017) was a Finnish model and beauty queen who won the 1957 Miss World beauty pageant, after being crowned Miss Finland 1957 by Miss Finland 1956, Sirpa Helena Koivu. She became the first woman from Finland to win the title and the third Nordic woman; after Sweden had won the two first contests.
|Born||October 7, 1938|
|Died||March 21, 2017(aged 78)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Suomi 1957|
Miss Europe 1957
Miss World 1957
The pageant was held in London, England. Lindahl was described by pageant director Eric Morley as having "the haunting beauty and intrigue of a Greta Garbo". The first runner-up was Lilian Madsen from Denmark, second runner-up Adele Kruger from South Africa and third runner-up Jacqueline Tapia from Tunisia. Lindahl also competed in the Miss Europe pageant prior to winning Miss World.
- "Yle: Miss Maailma Marita Lindahl on kuollut". Iltalehti.fi.
- "Marita Lindahl Miss World 1957 from Finland is no more". Times of India. June 29, 2017.
- "Marita Lindahl won Miss World 1957 Pageant". May 6, 2012. Archived from the original on September 21, 2019. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- "MARITA LINDAHL MISS MAAILMA 1957". Lempimissit. Archived from the original on 2013-09-28.
- "Miss World 1957 Marita Lindahl Profile". Archived from the original on September 21, 2019. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss World
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marita Lindahl.|