Marit Stiles is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in the 2018 Ontario general election. She represents the riding of Davenport as a member of the Ontario New Democratic Party.
|Member of the Ontario Provincial Parliament|
|Assumed office |
June 7, 2018
|Preceded by||Cristina Martins|
|President of the New Democratic Party|
April 9, 2016 – February 18, 2018
|Preceded by||Rebecca Blaikie|
|Succeeded by||Mathieu Vick|
|Toronto Public School Trustee for (Ward 9) Davenport|
December 1, 2014 – June, 2018
|Born||1969 (age 49–50)|
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador
|Political party||Ontario New Democrat|
|New Democrat (federal)|
|Ontario general election, 2018|
|New Democratic||Marit Stiles||27,613||60.27||+20.12|
|Progressive Conservative||Federico Sanchez||7,370||16.09||+8.62|
|The People||Troy Young||96||0.21||-0.10|
|New Democratic gain from Liberal||Swing||+23.53|
|Source: Elections Ontario|
- "TDSB trustees petition ministry over policy change to access existing repair funds". CityNews, November 2, 2017.
- "NDP president predicts multiple ballots in leadership showdown". CTV News, September 30, 2017.
- Gupta, Rahul (June 7, 2018). "NDP's Marit Stiles takes Davenport from the Liberals". Toronto Star. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "Election Night Results /Résultats du soir de l'élection". Elections Ontario. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Summary of Valid Votes Cast for each Candidate" (PDF). Elections Ontario. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
|This article about an Ontario MPP is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|