Marion Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||52.58 sq mi (136.2 km2)|
|• Land||52.51 sq mi (136.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||653 ft (199 m)|
|• Density||144.2/sq mi (55.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453607|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 52.58 square miles (136.2 km2), of which 52.51 square miles (136.0 km2) (or 99.87%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
Cities and townsEdit
- Barkley Township (northeast)
- Hanging Grove Township (east)
- Milroy Township (southeast)
- Jordan Township (southwest)
- Newton Township (west)
- Union Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Crockett, Mount Calvary and Weston.
Airports and landing stripsEdit
- Borntraeger Airstrip
- Jasper County Airport
Marion Township residents are eligible to obtain a free library card from the Jasper County Public Library.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 6/06/16 through 6/10/16. National Park Service. 2016-06-17.
- "How do I get a library card?". Jasper County Public Library. Retrieved 8 March 2018.