|Born||17 July 1940|
Athens, Kingdom of Greece
Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark (m. 1965)
|Issue||Princess Alexandra, Mrs. Nicolas Mirzayantz|
Princess Olga, Duchess of Apulia
Early life and familyEdit
Karella was born in Athens on 17 July 1940 to Theodor Karella and Elly Chalikiopoulos.
Karella married Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark at the Royal Palace in Athens on 7 February 1965. However, because this marriage is considered non-dynastic, she did not initially acquire thereby the title of 'Princess of Greece and Denmark' nor the style of 'Her Royal Highness', but was referred to as Marina, Consort of Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark.
The couple has two daughters:
- Princess Alexandra of Greece (born 15 October 1968 in Athens), married to Nicolas Mirzayantz (born 1 January 1963 in Bouches-du-Rhône) on 27 June 1998 in Venice. They have two sons:
- Tigran Mirzayantz (born 16 August 2000 in New York City)
- Darius Mirzayantz (born April 2002 New York City)
- Princess Olga of Greece (born 17 November 1971 in Athens), married to her second cousin HRH Prince Aimone of Savoy, Duke of Apulia (born 13 October 1967 in Florence), a member of the former royal family of Italy, on 27 September 2008 on Patmos. They have three children:
- Prince Umberto of Savoy-Aosta, Prince of Piedmont (born 7 March 2009 in Paris)
- Prince Amedeo of Savoy-Aosta, Duke of the Abruzzi (born 24 May 2011 in Paris)
- Princess Isabella of Savoy-Aosta (born 14 December 2012 in Paris)
- Official website
- "Marina Karella". Earl McGrath Gallery. Archived from the original on 7 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- Ruas, Charles (June–July 2005). "Marina Karella at the Benaki Museum's Annex". Art in America.
- De Grèce, Michel; Katz, Vincent; Δεληβορριάς, Άγγελος (2005). Marina Karella (in Greek and English). Fereniki Publications. ISBN 978-960-7952-39-4. OCLC 71958985.
|This Greek biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|