Slomka in 2015
|Occupation||Journalist, news presenter|
The daughter of a teacher, Slomka studied international politics and economics at the universities of Cologne and Kent. In 1988, she completed an internship at Roussel Uclaf in Paris. After university, she worked from 1991 to 1996 for Cologne Institute for Economic Research. In parallel, she started her career in journalism at local newspaper Kölnische Rundschau in 1994.
As television journalist, Slomka has been working on German broadcaster ZDF since 1998. Between 1998 and 2000, she worked as news correspondent in Bonn and Berlin. In 2000, she took over as presenter of heute nacht, a late-night news show. Since 2001, she has been the anchor of news magazine heute-journal on ZDF, currently in rotation with Claus Kleber (since 2003) and Christian Sievers (since 2013). Her co-anchor is Heinz Wolf. In May 2017, she reported live from Paris during the French presidential elections.
In addition to her role as presenter, Slomka has produced several documentaries, including Afrikas Schätze (2010) and Zwischen Anden und Amazonien – mit Marietta Slomka durch Südamerika (2014).
- Sueddeutsche: Moderatorin Marietta Slomka -Lächeln lernen (german)
- "Sie sind immer bei uns im Wohnzimmer" Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger, December 16, 2006.
- Vertrauenswürdigster Nachrichtenmoderator ist Claus Kleber Der Tagesspiegel, March 21, 2018.
- "'Beste Information': Caren Miosga, Marietta Slomka und Peter Kloeppel". Goldene Kamera (in German). Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- Auszeichnung für ihre Interviews - Marietta Slomka erhält Deutschen Fernsehpreis ZDF, January 26, 2018.