Marido en alquiler is an American telenovela premiered on Telemundo on July 10, 2013, and concluded on January 13, 2014. The telenovela is created by the Venezuelan author Perla Farías, based on the Brazilian drama written by Aguinaldo Silva, entitled Fina Estampa. Produced by Telemundo Studios and Rede Globo de Televisão, and distributed by Telemundo Internacional.
|Marido en alquiler|
|Created by||Perla Farías|
|Based on||Fina Estampa|
by Aguinaldo Silva
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||141|
|Executive producer||David Posada|
|Editor||Hader Antivar Duque|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||July 10, 2013 –|
January 13, 2014
It stars Sonya Smith as Griselda Carrasco — A woman who is dedicated to the business of repairing cars and appliances, and striving to ensure that her children have a better future, along with Juan Soler as Reinaldo Ibarra, Maritza Rodríguez as Teresa Cristina, Roberto Manrique as Kike, Gabriel Coronel as José Antonio, Kimberly Dos Ramos as Patricia Ibarra, Ricardo Chávez as Gabriel Rodríguez, and Miguel Varoni as José Salinas.
Griselda Carrasco (Sonya Smith) is a middle-aged handywoman in a working class community. She takes care of her three kids and grandson after José Antonio (Miguel Varoni), her husband, disappeared at sea 15 years ago.
Needing to support her family, Griselda takes on a job doing what she knows best: Fixing the crumbling neighborhood with her trusty toolbox while traveling in her van. She becomes the friendly neighborhood "Husband for Hire."
One day while driving around Miami in her van, she happens to meet Reinaldo (Juan Soler), a charming man whose car has just gotten a flat tire. Seeing Reinaldo struggling with the situation, she jumps out of her van and quickly runs over to him and fixes his flat, offering him her business card. Griselda subsequently meets Teresa Cristina (Maritza Rodríguez), a lady of elegant manners, smug, capable of committing the worst follies and married to Reinaldo, famous chef of the restaurant Gourmet Palmer. A kind-hearted man who lacks mechanical skills, Reinaldo will be intrigued, if not spellbound, before Griselda, the woman who can fix anything very quickly.
Griselda is unaware that Antonio (Gabriel Coronel), her son, is the boyfriend of Patricia (Kimberly Dos Ramos), the daughter of Reinaldo and Teresa Cristina, who will eventually become their worst enemy. To her great surprise – and disappointment – she discovers that Antonio presented to his future in-laws a certain Giselle (Elluz Peraza), an actress hired to pretend to be Antonio's mother (Antonio is pretending to come from an upper-class family and doesn't want his girlfriend to know the real story).
Griselda's fortune changes overnight when she wins the jackpot of the lottery: $43 million. From then on her life will not be the same, although she stands firm in her beliefs and values. With a new look, "La Carrasco" creates the "Maridos de Alquiler" network, although her fortune also attracts a few interested parties, starting with José Antonio (Miguel Varoni), who rises from the dead when he learns that his wife is now a multimillionaire.
To the misfortune of Teresa Cristina, Griselda moves to a mansion in the same luxurious area, and Teresa Cristina must now tolerate the person she most despises as her neighbor. Teresa Cristina declares war on Griselda, without imagining that Reinaldo, tired of her lies, will abandon her to pursue Griselda, with whom he has fallen deeply in love. With Griselda, the handsome chef will be reunited with the values of friendship, love and family.
Aguinaldo Silva, author of the Brazilian original Fina Estampa, will be supervising adaptation and screenplay for Telemundo together with Perla Farías. As of July 21, 2012, the adaptation is ongoing. Mr. Silva is best known for incredible rating successes such as Roque Santeiro in the 80s, and Vale Tudo adapted in the 2000s by Telemundo as Vale todo.
The working title in TV Globo for Fina Estampa in Brazil was Marido de Aluguel, however, it was later changed. For Telemundo's version, it used the Marido de Aluguel name, though it translated it in Spanish.
Opening credits and themeEdit
Latin Grammy award winner Ana Bárbara performs the soap opera's theme song Yo Soy La Mujer. The singer also participated in the soap opera. Yo Soy La Mujer is also the title to Ana Barbara's eleventh studio album. The track Yo Soy La Mujer was re-recorded in Banda and became part of Ana Bárbara's music repertoire. The song was inspired by the hard work, struggle, and immense effort put forth by Griselda Carrasco as a single parent to support her three children and grandson.
Also part of the opening theme is the song by Carlos Gatica, called Como te explico, a love song inspired by Reinaldo and Griselda.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Griselda Carrasco (Sonya Smith) - Main Protagonist. A hardworking and humble woman who is dedicated to working as a handyman to keep a family of three children and one grandchild after her husband was lost at sea 15 years ago. She later falls in love with Reinaldo 
- Reinaldo Ibarra (Juan Soler) - Main Protagonist. A culinary art lover who works as the chef of a famous restaurant. He is the ex-husband of Teresa Cristina and the father of Patricia. He later falls in love with Griselda.
- Teresa Cristina Palmer (Maritza Rodríguez) - Main Antagonist, serial killer. A materialistic and snobbish woman who killed her biological mother after discovering she was a maid. She despises Griselda. She's Reinaldo's ex-wife and Patricia's mother. Dies at sea
- José Salinas (Miguel Varoni) - Antagonist. Ex-husband of Griselda and father of Antonio, Kike and Amalia. Teresa Cristina's lover. Dies at sea.
- José Enrique "Kike" Salinas Carrasco (Roberto Manrique) - Co-Protagonist. Griselda's eldest son and Kikito's father. Boyfriend of Bárbara. He works at a taco bar to help support his mother and young son. Kike is an exemplary father and he strives to keep Kikito happy. 
- José Antonio Salinas Carrasco (Gabriel Coronel) - Co-Protagonist, initially an antagonist. Griselda's son, the only one of the three who could enter the university. He's ambitious and despises living in poverty, and is ashamed of his humble origins. In love with Patricia.
- Patricia Ibarra Palmer (Kimberly Dos Ramos) - Co-Protagonist. Teresa Cristina and Reinaldo's daughter. A humble girl a special relationship with her father, a closeness that is not shared with her mother. In love with Antonio.
- Gabriel Rodríguez (Ricardo Chávez) - Owner of a Mexican Tacos Bar. He is a hard worker and is deeply in love with Griselda.
- Silva (David Saltoff)- The hotel manager where Barbara works as a maid.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2013||Premios People en Español|
|Best Telenovela||Perla Farías||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Sonya Smith||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Juan Soler||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Nominated|
|Best Female Antagonist||Maritza Rodríguez||Won|
|Best New Talent||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Nominated|
|Special Beauty Awards||Trainee Beauty TV||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Won|
|Youth TV Guy||Pablo Azar||Won|
|2014||Miami Life Award|
|Best Telenovela||Perla Farias||Won|
|Best Actress||Sonya Smith||Won|
|Best actor||Juan Soler||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Maritza Rodriguez||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Ricardo Chávez||Nominated|
|Best First Actress||Alba Roversi||Won|
|Best First Actor||Miguel Varoni||Won|
|Best Young Actress||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Won|
|Ana Carolina Grajales||Nominated|
|Best Young Actor||Pablo Azar||Nominated|
|Premios Tu Mundo|
|Novela of the Year||Perla Farias||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress||Sonya Smith||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Boy||Miguel Varoni||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl||Maritza Rodríguez||Nominated|
|The Perfect Couple||Sonya Smith and Juan Soler||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Daniela Navarro||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Ariel Texido||Nominated|
|First Actress||Alba Roversi||Nominated|
|Junior Favorite Artist||Kimberly Dos Ramos||Won|
|Best Bad Luck Moment||When you have a flat tire truck||Nominated|
|!Qué papacito!||Gabriel Coronel||Won|
|I'm Sexy and I know it||Daniela Navarro||Nominated|
- ""Marido en Alquiler": gran estreno". telemundo51.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Video: Hoy, gran final de "Marido en alquiler"". telemundochicago.com (in Spanish). Telemundo Chicago. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- De Luca, Isabel. "Nos moldes brasileiros, 'Fina estampa' vira 'Marido en alquiler' em remake para o público hispânico". oglobo.globo.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Juan Soler Protagonista De La Nueva Telenovela "Marido En Alquiler"". starmedia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Maritza Rodríguez será la villana de "Marido en alquiler"". eldiariony.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Talento venezolano se podrá ver en la novela "Marido en alquiler"". eluniversal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Aguinaldo Silva". Bloglog.globo.com. Archived from the original on September 9, 2014. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Ana Bárbara canta tema de Marido en Alquiler - Video". Msnlatino.telemundo.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Conoce a los protagonistas de Marido en Alquiler" (in Spanish). Hola Ciudad.com. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Conoce los personajes de ¨Marido en Alquiler¨ - ¿Quién es quién?" (in Spanish). TVBoricuausa. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "Estrellas del Año 2013" (in Spanish). PeopleenEspanol.com. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Premios People en Español 2013 - Categoría Telenovelas | Telenovelas" (in Spanish). Peopleenespanol.com. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Kimberly Dos Ramos y otros artistas son premiados con los Special Beauty Awards". Informe21.com. August 25, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Ganadores 2014". Miami Life Awards. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Anuncian nominados a Premios Tu Mundo" (in Spanish). El Especial. Archived from the original on July 20, 2014. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Ale Rodríguez (July 15, 2014). "Lista de nominados de los Premios Tu Mundo 2014" (in Spanish). Notimex. Archived from the original on May 9, 2015. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "Lista de finalistas a los Premios Tu Mundo 2014" (in Spanish). Entretenimiento Terra. Retrieved August 14, 2014.
- "¡Conoce a los ganadores de "Premios Tu Mundo 2014"!" (in Spanish). TVBoricuausa. Retrieved August 22, 2014.