The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Margaux Avedisian, who has called herself the Queen of Bitcoin, is a Bitcoin entrepreneur, comedian, and public relations specialist based in New York City. She is a digital-currency consultant of Armenian descent, is involved in several high-level bitcoin projects, and has appeared in documentaries and on numerous panels. Since starting her career in Blockchain in 2012, she has helped co-found three Bitcoin exchanges (MonetaGo, Tradehill, Alphapoint), and has further advised over dozens of other Blockchain platforms through her work as Vice President at Transform Group, a Blockchain PR and Advisory organization.
|Residence||New York City|
|Education||St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Florida)|
|Alma mater||Mount Holyoke College (BA|
Academy of Art University (MFA)
Margaux was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She went to high school at St. Thomas Aquinas and eventually pursued a college degree in chemistry and psychology from Mount Holyoke College. Since graduating from school, Margaux has specialized in technology and cryptocurrency.
Margaux often performs comedy, including being a woman in technology, cryptocurrency, and politics. She performs predominantly at New York City comedy clubs as well as conferences for bitcoin entrepreneurs and organizations. She has made appearances at large-scale conferences such as SXSW, DLD, and the John Stossel show on FOX Network. Margaux has performed at various other venues such as Caroline’s, NY Comedy Club, Cornelia Street Cafe and Broadway Comedy Club. She appeared in the documentary The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin, where she debuted her screen-time career. Her performance at the Consensus bitcoin conference gained the most traction, as she was picked up by a writer at the Wall Street Journal who then wrote an editorial piece on her.
Margaux held marketing and management roles at bitcoin firms AlphaPoint, Lazzerbee, MonetaGo, and Tradehill, as well as the International Ripple Business Association. She has been an advisor to BitcoinShop, Chamber of Digital Commerce, and the Lifeboat Foundation, and has been an algorithm consultant to Google. Her advisory to these organizations has been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal and Forbes. Additionally, she was featured in a video interview with Reuters for her input on venture capitalism within the bitcoin industry. She also has been featured in the FOX news technology section for her input on the Russian ban of bitcoin operations and usage.
- Vlastelica, Ryan (June 2, 2017). "Take My Bitcoin...Please! A Comedian Mines the Currency for Laughs". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- "They Lost Billions. Where Are They Now?". Esquire. May 20, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Mukunda, Mala. "Women in Bitcoin: Margaux Avedisian". IHB.io. IHB. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Lifeboat Foundation Bios: Margaux Avedisian, MFA". Lifeboat.com. Lifeboat Foundation. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Beyond the Front Row finds its board members". Academy of Art University School of Fashion. 25 November 2009. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "DLD Conference Video: Bitcoin: Money sans Frontieres (P.Šurda, R.Andragnes, M.Avedisian, J.Gevers, A.Koenig) | DLD14 with Johann Gevers, Margaux Avedisian, Rodolfo Andragnes, Peter Šurda". DLD Conference. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Stossel, John. "Reputation is Everything". Fox.
- "Coming Soon - Assemble". Assemble.
- Avedisian, Margaux. "Burning Bridges with Margaux". Radio Free Brooklyn. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- Light, Joe (February 6, 2014). "Bitcoin Shop to Trade Publicly Over the Counter". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "VC Margaux Avedisian travels the world using bitcoin – video - PE Hub". PE Hub. March 24, 2014. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Executive Perspective: Bitcoin Excitement Levels Pick Up - PE Hub". PE Hub. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Lott, Maxim (February 7, 2014). "Russia bans bitcoins". Fox News. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Axline, Keith. "Meet the 'Buspreneurs' Behind StartupBus' Other Killer Concepts". WIRED. Retrieved June 20, 2017.