Countess Margarethe von Hanau-Lichtenberg, known upon her marriage as Margarethe, Countess of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein (15 May 1463 – 26 May 1504) was a German noblewoman who, as the wife of Adolf III of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein, was the Countess of Nassau-Wiesbaden and Nassau-Idstein.
Margarethe von Hanau-Lichtenberg
|Countess of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein|
|Born||15 May 1463|
|Died||26 May 1504(aged 41)|
|Noble family||House of Hanau (by birth)|
House of Nassau (by marriage)
|Spouse(s)||Adolf III of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein|
|Issue||Philip I, Count of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein|
|Father||Philipp I, Count of Hanau-Lichtenberg|
|Mother||Anna von Lichtenberg|
Margarethe was the daughter of Philipp I, Count of Hanau-Lichtenberg and Anna von Lichtenberg. Her father ruled over the county of Hanau-Lichtenberg and, after the death of her maternal grandfather, the Lordship of Lichtenberg. She was a younger sister of Philipp II, Count of Hanau-Lichtenberg.
- Countess Maria Margaret (1487–1548), who married in 1502 to Louis I, Count of Nassau-Weilburg
- Countess Anna (1488–1550), married in 1506 to Henry XXXI of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen,
- Philip I, Count of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein (1490–1558), who succeeded her husband as Count of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein.
In 1509 her husband succeeded his childless brother, Philip, Count of Nassau-Idstein, as the Count of Nassau-Idenstein, therefore making Margarethe a countess of Idenstein.
She died on 26 May 1504.
- "Archiv für pathologische Anatomie und Physiologie und für klinische Medicin - Google Books". 1902. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- "Nieuw Nederlandsch Biografisch Woordenboek (NNBW)". Resources.huygens.knaw.nl. Retrieved 2021-12-18.