Wambui at the 2016 Olympics
|Born||15 September 1995|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||1:56.89 (outdoors, 2016)|
2:00.44 (indoors, 2016)
In her first international competition, she won the gold at the 2014 World Junior Championships. She later competed at the 2015 World Championships without advancing from her heat. At the 2016 World Indoor Championships she won the bronze medal. That same year she competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics, setting a new personal best of 1:56.89 in the final, which also earned her a bronze.
In 2019, it was revealed that Wambui was born with the 46,XY karyotype and an intersex condition after her qualification for IAAF women's competition was affected by the association's new regulations for athletes with XY disorders of sex development, testosterone levels above 5 nmol/L, and androgen sensitivity.
|2014||World Junior Championships||Eugene, United States||1st||800 m||2:00.49|
|2015||World Championships||Beijing, China||39th (h)||800 m||2:03.52|
|2016||World Indoor Championships||Portland, United States||3rd||800 m||2:00.44|
|African Championships||Durban, South Africa||2nd||400 m||52.24|
|3rd||4 × 400 m relay||3:30.21|
|Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||3rd||800 m||1:56.89|
|2017||World Championships||London, United Kingdom||4th||800 m||1:57.54|
|2018||World Indoor Championships||Birmingham, United Kingdom||–||800 m||DQ|
|Commonwealth Games||Gold Coast, Australia||2nd||800 m||1:58.07|
|African Championships||Asaba, Nigeria||7th (h)||800 m||2:02.801|
1Did not finish in the final
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Margaret Wambui.|
- "2018 CWG bio". Retrieved 29 April 2018.
- Margaret Wambui at IAAF
- Janeiro, Bismarck Mutahi in Rio de. "Kenya's hope: Nyairera only Kenyan in 800m final as hunt for more medals continue". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "Kenya's Margaret Nyairera Wambui runs a lifetime best to win women's 800: IAAF Junior World Championships 2014". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "IAAF: 800 Metres Result | The XXXI Olympic Games | iaaf.org". iaaf.org. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Francis, Anne. "Olympic 800m bronze medallist Margaret Wambui banned from Stockholm Diamond League". Running. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- "Executive Summary" (PDF). Court of Arbitration for Sport. Retrieved 15 June 2019.