Marble Valley Regional Transit District
Marble Valley Regional Transit District (MVRTD) operates a public transportation system in Rutland County, Vermont called The Bus. The company currently has full bus service to Rutland and West Rutland, as well as limited daily bus service to Castleton, Fair Haven, Poultney and Killington. Limited weekday service is available to Ludlow and Proctor. It also provides weekday and Saturday service to Middlebury and Manchester, Vermont. The Bus also operates paratransit and Medicaid Transportation services for Rutland County.
The Bus, downtown Rutland.
|Slogan||Live Green - Ride The Bus|
|Headquarters||158 Spruce St.|
|Service area||Rutland County, VT and surrounding communities|
|Service type||bus service, express bus service, paratransit|
|Routes||11 (5 local, 6 out-of-town commuter/connectors)|
|Hubs||1 (Marble Valley Regional Transit Center on West St in downtown Rutland)|
|Annual ridership||475,900 (2010)|
|Chief executive||Minga Rae Dana|
The company attempted to expand service to the east to areas such as White River Junction, Vermont and Lebanon, New Hampshire in August 2009, following the acquisition and dissolution of the Vermont Transit brand by Greyhound.
There are 65 vehicles in MVRTD's fleet, most of which are wheelchair accessible. The company's main hub is housed in the Marble Valley Regional Transit Center, on the lower level of the West St parking garage in downtown Rutland. The Bus had an annual ridership of 475,900 in fiscal year 2010.
- South Extension
Out of town and commuter routesEdit
- Diamond Express (Rutland-Killington connector)
- Proctor route
- Rutland-Ludlow Connector
- Rutland-Middlebury Connector
- Fair Haven-Rutland Connector
- Manchester-Rutland Connector
(information is current as of August 14, 2014)
Children ages 6 and under ride free with a paying adult. Deviations of up to 1/4 mile (0.4 km) can be made on out of town routes. There is a half-fare discount schedule for seniors, the disabled and Medicare cardholders on most routes.
- $0.50 for City Fixed routes ($0.25 for seniors/disabled)
- $2.00 for out of town routes and the Diamond Express, except Proctor ($1.00 for seniors/disabled)
- $1.00 for Proctor route ($0.50 for seniors/disabled)
- $15 for City Fixed monthly pass ($7.50 for seniors/disabled)
- $9 for Proctor 10-ride pass ($4.50 for seniors/disabled)
- $18 for 10-ride pass on out of town routes except Proctor ($9 for seniors/disabled)
- $30 for Proctor monthly pass ($15 for seniors/disabled)
- $60 for Middlebury Connector monthly pass ($30 for seniors/disabled)
- $150 for Rutland/Killington winter season pass on Diamond Express
- Bus Routes in Rutland County, Marble Valley Regional Transit District. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- New Vermont bus route to link Rutland and White River Junction, Vermont Biz. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- 2012 Vermont Public Policy Plan, Vermont Agency of Transportation. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Cities Covered, Google Maps. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Fares, Marble Valley Regional Transit District. Retrieved 2013-08-18.