Davi grew up in Colorado and her family moved to Folsom, California, where she attended Folsom High School. She appeared in numerous regional productions including: Annie, The Sound of Music, Gypsy, Baby, Grease, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Davi played the role of Maggie in the Broadway revival of A Chorus Line, in 2006. She joined The Drowsy Chaperone on Broadway on July 30, 2007 succeeding Sutton Foster in the lead role of Janet van de Graaff. In March 2008, she was featured in the premiere of the musical stage version of The Band Wagon at the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego, in the role played by Cyd Charisse.
She then returned to New York for the May 2008 Encores! concert presentation of No, No, Nanette in the title role, playing alongside Rosie O'Donnell, Sandy Duncan, Shonn Wiley, and Fred Willard. In 2012 she was in a musical adaptation of The Toxic Avenger at The Alley Theatre in Houston, Texas. The Toxic Avenger musical had plans on transferring on Broadway in the near future.
She made her Birdland cabaret debut in May 2008. She appeared on the Broadway stage as Judy Haynes in the 2009 New York production of Irving Berlin's White Christmas. She played Daisy Parker who blackmails Derek Wills for a role in the fictional Hit List on the second season of Smash. From 2011 to 2012 she played the role of Bianca Sanfino in "A Night on the Town", "Moonlighting", and "Women with Guns" the 5th, 9th, and 16th episodes of the second season of the CBS police procedural drama Blue Bloods.
She resides in New York with her husband.
- "Mara Davi: Showin' Off", broadwayworld.com, August 6, 2007
- University of Iowa 42nd Street credits uiowa.edu, January 2005 Archived September 3, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bornstein, Lisa."Dancing in Denver shows since age 8, Mara Davi lands Broadway role" Archived July 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., Rocky Mountain News, October 9, 2006
- Moore, John."Broadway break delights teachers", Denver Post, October 22, 2006
- "Mara Davi Broadway" Internet Broadway Database, accessed November 16, 2016
- Jones, Kenneth. "New Sun in the Sky: Mara Davi Will Be Dancing in the Dark in San Diego", Playbill, January 7, 2008, accessed November 17, 2016
- Stevens, Rob. "Dancing in the Dark", theatermania.com, March 17, 2008
- Gans, Andrew. "Mara Davi Is Nanette for City Center Encores! Beginning May 8", Playbill, May 8, 2008, accessed November 17, 2016
- Blank, Matthew. "First Look at Constantine Maroulis as 'The Toxic Avenger'" Playbill, January 11, 2012
- Gans, Andrew. "Drowsy's Davi to Make Birdland Debut in May" Playbill, April 21, 2008
- "A Night on the Town" imdb.com
- "Moonlighting" imdb.com
- "Women with Guns" imdb.com
- "About" Mara Davi site, accessed November 16, 2016
- Music News Desk. "Mara Davi Releases Album" broadwayworld.com, July 1, 2012
- Gans, Andrew. "'Dames at Sea' Taps Its Way Onto Broadway Tonight" Playbill, September 24, 2015
- "Mara Davi of 'White Christmas' Resolves to Embrace the Moment in 2010" broadway.com, December 18, 2009