Many a New Day: Karrin Allyson Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein
Many a New Day: Karrin Allyson Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein is an album by Karrin Allyson recorded in tribute to the songwriting partnership of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II. It earned Allyson a Grammy Award nomination for Best Jazz Vocal Album. Many a New Day peaked at 13 on the Billboard Jazz album charts.
|Many a New Day: Karrin Allyson Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 18, 2015|
|Recorded||May 1–2, 2015|
|Studio||Sear Sound Studios, New York City, New York|
|Karrin Allyson chronology|
Christopher Loudon reviewed Many a New Day for the Jazz Times in October 2015 and wrote, "At last, the Hammerstein portion of the Rodgers canon is getting serious, full-length appreciation...There's no room on this album for splashy solos or virtuosic grandstanding. The focus is squarely on sensitive, intelligent arrangements shaped around Allyson's unique sound—slightly parched and gently tremulous—expressly built to exalt a spectrum of instantly familiar yet largely underappreciated gems. An exquisitely thoughtful trio album, it's also an important one". C. Michael Bailey reviewed the album for AllAboutJazz and gave it 4.5 stars out of 5.
- "Oh! What a Beautiful Mornin'"
- "Many a New Day"
- "Happy Talk"
- "I Cain't Say No"
- "I Have Dreamed"
- "Out of My Dreams"
- "Bali Ha'i"
- "When I Think of Tom"/"Hello Young Lovers"
- "We Kiss in a Shadow"
- "You've Got to Be Carefully Taught"
- "Something Wonderful"
- "The Surrey with the Fringe on Top"
- "Something Good"
- "Karrin Allyson". GRAMMY.com. 22 May 2018. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- Many a New Day - Awards at AllMusic
- Christopher Loudon (19 October 2015). "Many a New Day: Karrin Allyson Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein". Jazz Times. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Christopher Loudon. "Many a New Day: Karrin Allyson Sings Rodgers & Hammerstein". All About Jazz. Retrieved 16 February 2016.