Manu Ramesan is an Indian film composer who works predominantly in Malayalam cinema. He is the son of lyricist S. Ramesan Nair. He has composed songs for films such as Pidichirukku, Gulumal: The Escape (2009) and Plus Two (2010). The songs he composed for the movie Ayal Njanalla received rave reviews.
|Born||13 July 1982|
(m. 2010; died 2021)
|Genres||Film score, world music|
|Labels||Manu Ramesan Productions|
Manu is the son of Malayalam lyricist S. Ramesan Nair and P. Rema. On 6 June 2010, he married Uma, an assistant professor in the Computer Science department of Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi. They have a daughter, Mayika, born on 18 August 2014. Uma died on 17 March 2021 due to stroke.
|2009||Gulumal: The Escape||Malayalam|
|2010||Mazha||Malayalam non-film album|
|2014||8.20 (Background score)||Malayalam|
|2014||Nangeli||Malayalam non-film album|
|2019-present||The Premier Padmini||Malayalam web series|
|2020||Shakeela||Malayalam short film|
- "About Manu Ramesan". Archived from the original on 14 September 2013.
- Nagarajan, Saraswathy (21 November 2014). "Nangeli gets a warm welcome". The Hindu.
- Soman, Deepa (16 January 2017). "Music review: Ayal Njanalla". The Times of India.
- Menon, Akhila (31 July 2015). "Ayaal Njanalla Movie Review: Fahadh Faasil Is Back!". FilmiBeat.
- "സംഗീതസംവിധായകൻ മനു രമേശിന്റെ ഭാര്യ അന്തരിച്ചു" [Music director Manu Ramesan's wife Uma passes away]. Malayala Manorama (in Malayalam). 17 March 2021.