Manuel Gutierrez (born April 4, 1991), known professionally as Manny MUA, is a make-up artist, YouTuber, and beauty blogger. He is the first male brand ambassador for the make-up brand Maybelline. He is the founder and owner of the cosmetics brand Lunar Beauty, and has a social media presence that includes 4 million subscribers on YouTube and over 4 million followers on Instagram.
April 4, 1991
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Total views||485 million+|
Gutierrez first became interested in make-up after watching his mother do her make-up during his childhood. He later worked at Sephora and MAC. He began his YouTube channel in 2014. He regularly posts make-up tutorials, make-up first impressions, and beauty tips. He has collaborated with Makeup Geek on an eye-shadow palette, Ofra Cosmetics on lip products, and Jeffree Star Cosmetics on two highlighters and 2 lipsticks.
In 2017, Gutierrez and fellow YouTuber Shayla Mitchell were announced as brand ambassadors for Maybelline, specifically Colossal Big Shot Mascara. He is the first male brand ambassador for the brand. He is the second male to be chosen as a spokesperson for a beauty brand after James Charles who had been previously announced as a spokesperson for CoverGirl in October 2016. Later that year, Gutierrez and his ex-friend Jeffree Star announced a collaboration for Star's make-up brand to debut in April. After the announcement, Black Moon Cosmetics sued the duo for copyright and trademark infringement alleging that they had copied their logo without permission. The lawsuit was later resolved. In April 2017, Gutierrez was the only male to make People magazine's annual "Most Beautiful" list. In 2018, he was named to Forbes' annual list of "30 under 30" in the Arts and Style category. In 2018, Manny appeared in season three of Escape the Night as the Record Producer.
In 2018, Gutierrez started his makeup line called Lunar Beauty and launched the brand's first eye shadow palette, Life's a Drag. The palette includes 14 shades of bright and neutral eye shadow colors.
- Soloman, Kristine (January 5, 2017). "Maybelline Names Manny MUA as Brand Ambassador". Yahoo. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "Manuel Gutierrez". Forbes. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- @MannyMua733 (7 April 2017). "Happy birthday Manny" (Tweet). Retrieved 4 December 2017 – via Twitter.
- Trainor, Michelle Ward (April 21, 2017). "Makeup Guru Manny Gutierrez (a.k.a. Manny MUA) Is The Only Male To Make PEOPLE's Most Beautiful List". People. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "About". YouTube. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- Rodriguez, Priscilla (April 18, 2017). "8 Things to Know About Manny Gutierrez (aka Manny MUA)". Latina. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- McBride, Jessica (January 6, 2017). "Manny Gutierrez (Manny Mua): 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Beck, Koa (May 11, 2016). "The Beauty Boys of Instagram". Marie Claire. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Ruffo, Jillian (January 4, 2017). "YouTube Star Manny Gutierrez (a.k.a. Manny MUA) Lands a Maybelline Campaign". People. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Morel, Chantel (March 13, 2017). "Jeffree Star Cosmetics x Manny MUA: Everything We Know So Far". Allure. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Mei, Gina (April 5, 2017). "[UPDATED] Jeffree Star and Manny MUA Are Being Sued for Copyright Infringement". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Donahue, Rosemary (May 28, 2018). "Manny MUA Launches Lunar Beauty's Life's a Drag Eye Shadow Palette". Allure. Retrieved February 18, 2020.