Manish Gupta (director)
Manish Gupta is an Indian film director and writer in Bollywood. Manish has directed four movies – Rahasya (2015), The Stoneman Murders (2009), Hostel (2011) and Darna Zaroori Hai (2006). And he has written the Story, Screenplay and Dialogues for the movies Sarkar (2005) and Section 375 (2019) amongst many others.
|Occupation||Film director and screenwriter|
|Years active||2005 – present|
Manish started his career as a screenwriter. Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Sarkar was Manish’s first film. He next wrote the gangster flick ‘D’ (2006) starring Randeep Hooda. Manish received multiple award nominations for the story, screenplay and dialogues of Sarkar.
Manish debuted as a director with Darna Zaroori Hai (2006) in which there were five different stories and a separate director for each story. Manish directed the main story titled ‘Grandma narrates stories to five children’. Manish’s next film as director was The Stoneman Murders (2009) starring Kay Kay Menon and Arbaaz Khan. After that, he directed Hostel (2011) about students’ deaths due to hazing inside college hostels. Manish won the President’s award for the film from the then Indian President Ms. Pratibha Patil.
Manish’s next film as director was Rahasya (2015) based on the Aarushi murder case, starring Kay Kay Menon, Tisca Chopra and Ashish Vidyarthi. Rahasya became a sleeper hit that ran for a whopping 106 days (15 weeks) in theatres across India. Manish wrote the 2019 film Section 375, a courtroom drama about a fake rape case, which took Manish three years to research and script. Section 375 was hailed by critics as the best courtroom drama ever made in India. Manish has been nominated for Star Screen Awards 2020 in the Best Dialogue category & 65th Filmfare Awards 2020 in the Best Screenplay category for the movie Section 375.
- Manish Gupta all set to Direct next two films
- Manish Gupta wrote 'SECTION 375' three years ago - Mumbai Mirror 11th Sept 2019
- Director - Manish Gupta's interview with Bombay Times; 1st Oct 2019
- Youtube Interview Mid-day 18th Sept 2019
- Mistaken Identity
- Rahasya’s extended run
- Manish Gupta’s next is Sinhasan
- No one signed for Sinhasan
- Manish Gupta interview, 3 February 2009
- Times of India Movie Reviews
- Murder they wrote
- Murders continue to fascinate filmmakers
- Tisca to play Nupur Talwar
- Sakshi sem as aarushi in Rahasya
- manish gupta finds his aarushi
- A sad ending?
- Bollywood script matches Aarushi verdict
- Can Bollywood handle the Truth
- Bombay Times 3 Dec Page 1
- The big question: Truth or Fiction
- Rahasya is not a portrayal of authentic events