Manik (2005 film)
Manik (Bengali: মানিক picture full) is a Bengali movie released in 2005. Directed by Probhat Roy, the movie featured Jeet, Koel Mallick, Ranjit Mallick. This movie is Koel Mallick's second.  This film was shot at Kalimpong Golf Course. 
|Directed by||Probhat Roy|
|Produced by||Pradip Bharadwaj|
|Music by||Babul Bose|
|Cinematography||Premendu Bikash Chaki|
|Edited by||Atish Chandra Sarkar|
|Distributed by||Ashadeep Entertainment|
|22 April 2005|
|Box office||₹1.52 crores|
Samir Mitra is an unemployed educated guy who is looking for a job. His father Abir Mitra is a retired person. Samir's mother is suffering from cancer. One day Samir suddenly meets Manik Chandra Sadhukhan. Manik's father is Niranjan Sadhukan, he is also ill. Latika is Manik's younger sister. Manik has come to Kolkata to meet his father's friend Chandrakanta Majumadar who is an established businessman. Manik meets with an accident on the way. Samir tries to save his life. Before his death Manik requests Samir to take care of his father and younger sister; he also tells Samir not to disclose the news of his accident. Manik gives Samir all required information. Samir becomes Manik; he meets Chandrakanta as Manik. Chandrakanta appoints him in his own office. Samir meets Chandrakanta's daughter Ria and wife Manju, Ria and Samir gradually fall in love but Samir feels uncomfortable whenever he thinks that when everybody will come to know the truth that he is not Manik then what will happen. From his salary he maintains his own family and Manik's family. Everybody is impressed with his behavior and honesty. Suddenly Niranjan and Latika come to Kolkata because Niranjan is unwell. Niranjan has lost his eyesight and there is some problem in his heart also. Samir tries to hide from Niranjan but every body comes to know the truth. Kartik Sen, the business rival of Chandrakanta, kidnaps Ria and demands ransom. Samir and Chandrakanta rescue her with the help of police. Samir donates his father's eye to Niranjan. Niranjan gets back his eyesight.
- Jeet as Samir Mitra, who disguised himself as Manik
- Ranjit Mullick as Chandrakanto Majumdar
- Koel Mullick as Riya Majumdar
- Samata Das as Latika, Manik's sister
- Monu Mukherjee as Abir Mitra, Samir's father
- Soma Dey as Manju Majumdar, Riya's mother
- Debdoot Ghosh as Manik Chandra Sadhukhan, a poor village boy from Medinipur
- Rajatava Dutta as Samir's college friend Anwar, a taxi driver
- Shyamal Dutta as Niranjan Sadhukhan, Manik's blind father
- Shantilal Mukherjee as Shiben, Flat contractor
- Sagnik Chatterjee as Pratik Sen
- Biplab Chatterjee as Kartik Sen, the main antagonist
- Alakananda Ray as Samir's mother
- Rajesh Sharma as Shambhu, Kartik Sen's henchman
|1.||"Subho Janmodin"||Babul Supriyo||04:18|
|2.||"Tale Tale Paa"||04:29|
|3.||"Jhumur Jhumur Nopur Baje"||Shreya Ghoshal||05:00|
|4.||"Tomake Peye Chena Prithibi"||Babul Supriyo, Shreya Ghoshal||04:43|
|5.||"Ke Dekheche Age"||Babul Supriyo, Shreya Ghoshal||04:35|
|6.||"Kauke Bhalo Laage"||Babul Supriyo, Shreya Ghoshal, Priya Bhattacharya||04:10|
|7.||"Taale Taale Paa"||Jojo|
- "Manik - BIGFlix.com". rental.bigflix.com. Archived from the original on 17 February 2009. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- Grover, Anil (29 April 2005). "Manik". Calcutta, India: www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- "Manik (2004)". calcuttatube.com. Archived from the original on 3 November 2008. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- "The Telegraph – Calcutta : Bengal". Calcutta, India: www.telegraphindia.com. 27 December 2004. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- "Mixed menu for Poila Baisakh platter". Calcutta, India: www.telegraphindia.com. 31 March 2005. Archived from the original on 18 December 2007. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- "..::.. MA CHHINNAMASTIKA GROUP OF COMPANIES". mcgroup.co.in. Retrieved 14 November 2008.[dead link]