The Manhattan Fencing Center in Manhattan, New York City, was founded in 2007 by Yury Gelman. It is the home to the Olympic silver medal saber team (Beijing), three top 8 finishers in the 2012 London Olympics, a number of members of the U.S. National Men's and Women's Saber Team, and world, national, and NCAA champions.
Fencing Foundation of AmericaEdit
- Monica Aksamit (born 1990), saber fencer; won a bronze medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics in the Women's Saber Team competition.
- Daryl Homer (born 1990), saber fencer; competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics and the 2016 Summer Olympics; won the silver medal in individual saber at the 2016 Olympics, was a silver medalist at the 2015 World Fencing Championships, and is a five-time gold medalist at the Pan American Fencing Championships.
- Timothy Morehouse (born 1978), saber fencer who won a silver medal competing in the men's saber as a member of the United States fencing team at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
- Dagmara Wozniak (born 1988), saber fencer; named to the U.S. Olympic team at the 2008 Summer Olympics in women's saber competition as a substitute, and as a competitor at the 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympics, in which she won a bronze medal.
- Frank, David (July 11, 2008). "Sabres in the City". The New York Times. Retrieved August 14, 2016 – via NYTimes.com.
- "Manhattan Fencing Center". The New York Daily News.
- "Yury Gelman bio - REDSTORMSPORTS.COM". Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- "College Placements - Manhattan Fencing Center". Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- "FENCING FOUNDATION OF AMERICA, INCORPORATED -– Company Profiles of New York". NYCorporateList. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- Fencing Foundation of America
- "Manhattan Fencing Center". Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- "Fencing Clubs". November 7, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- "Bardzo polski zespół Amerykanek. W kadrze szermierzy z USA jest dużo polskich akcentów". Przegląd Sportowy. August 8, 2016.
- Esquire, Volumes 149-150, 2008.
- Sundem, Garth. "Interview With Tim Morehouse -- Olympic Saber Fencer and Geek Gone Good" – via wired.com.
- Kirby, Jen. "New York's Olympic Sport Is Fencing". Intelligencer.