This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Iloilo City, Philippines (2003 )|
|Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines|
Number of locations
|500 (June 2019)|
|Tony Tan Caktiong (Chairman) |
Ferdinand J. Sia (COO)
|Revenue||P12 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Jollibee Foods Corporation|
Current Ambassadors of Mang InasalEdit
The company was started by Edgar Sia, who owned his first business at the age of twenty. Sia engaged in the food business at twenty-six years of age, opening the first Mang Inasal branch in December 2003 at the Robinsons Mall Carpark in Iloilo City. The restaurant was an instant success, despite stiff competition from other, more established grilled-food restaurants.
The chain opened its first branches within the Visayan region, then expanded to neighboring Mindanao to the south before spreading to Metro Manila. Thereafter, the company started franchising in 2005. By 2008, Mang Inasal had opened 23 restaurants, with ten being franchised.
In October 2010, 70% of Mang Inasal was acquired by Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC), for ₱3 billion ($68.8 million). In April 2016, JFC (Jollibee Food Corporation) acquired the remaining 30% previously belonging to Injap Investment which is owned by Inasal's founder.
- "About Us" Archived 2014-03-28 at the Wayback Machine.. Mang Inasal.com. Retrieved on 2014-03-28.
- "Edgar Sia: The man behind Mang Inasal". The News Today. January 7, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- Zinnia B. Dela Peña (October 19, 2010). "Jollibee acquires Mang Inasal for P3B". The Philippine Star. p. B-1.
- Montealegre, Krista Angela (22 April 2016). "Jollibee buys out Sia from Mang Inasal chain". BusinessWorld. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mang Inasal.|
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|