|• Official||Hindi हिंदी|
|• Spoken||Ahirwati अहीर्वती|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Planning agency||Haryana Urban Development Authority|
It has transformed from a sleepy village to one of the fastest-growing townships in India. It is an upcoming area of NCR. Many reputed developers such as India Builders Corporation have added a new tag to Manesar Proximity to political nerve center - Delhi has also led the government to establish headquarters of some institutes of national importance here like the National Security Guards (and its training center), Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs National Bomb Data Centre and National Brain Research Centre.
More than 175,000 people go to work in Manesar from adjoining places. The Gurgaon-Manesar Master Plan projects the population of 37,00,000 by 2021. It has many factories, offices, hotels, IT parks and educational institutes. There are several sightseeing spots around the area, some overlapping with Gurgaon. Manesar is 32 km from IGI Airport and has some of the best urban infrastructure in northern India. Located on NH 8, the area is well connected with Delhi, Rewari, Dharuhera, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Mumbai; air connectivity is equally good.
Original Manesar village was a sleepy village of about 1000 dwellings on Delhi Jaipur highway (NH-8), but since late nineties it has been transformed into a boom town with some of the world-brands opening factories here. Its growth has been helped by government's drive to move out factories from Delhi as well as booming of Gurgaon city and proximity to Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport (approximately 40 minutes). The original Manesar village had people from different communities but 50% of the residents are Yaduvanshi Ahirs also called Yadav and their main profession was agriculture. But in Manesar village are 40% resident of Kumhar (Parjapati)and 10% other cast. However, today it is swamped by people from all across the globe, indulging in almost every profession one can think of in the modern India. Farmers have become millionaire or multi-millionaires by selling their lands. A majority of them are living upscale lives.
The culture and popular arts are Saangs, dramas, ballads and songs in which they take great delight. Loor, Gugga, Jhumar, Gangore Puja, Chhatti dance, Teej dance are some of the famous local dances here. The handicrafts of Manesar include wooden handicrafts such as wooden boxes, gift boxes, wooden utensils, wooden toys, furniture, disco song are most likely in this vill like dj etc.
Industrial Model Township, ManesarEdit
Industrial Model Township, Manesar (IMT Manesar) in Gurugram district of Haryana in NCR is a large Industrial areas south-west of Delhi along the railway in Haryana on Delhi Western Peripheral Expressway along Western Dedicated Freight Corridor and Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project. There are several large multinational companies, such as Maruti Suzuki, Jaquar, Tosiba Eco City and more. Aadhar's national Data Center is also located here.
Manesar Software Technology Park, sprawled across 170 acre, is located within IMT Manesar.
Land acquisition completed for Phase-2 (2014)Edit
Government of Haryana has acquired additional 1,600 acres of land between 2011-14 for the IMT Phase-2. There were protest against the land acquisition in 2011 and villagers all of this was later resolved and government bought a total of 688 acres of land from three villages Manesar, Nakhrola and Naurangpur when Punjab and Haryana High Court ordered the government in May 2014 to pay the then current circle rate of Rs.1.90 crore per acre.
DMIC corridor developmentEdit
Manesar is part of Delhi–Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project (DMIC) on Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) and also located in the influence zone of the Amritsar Delhi Kolkata Industrial Corridor (ADKIC) on Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC).
The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project (DMIC) is a US$100 billion India-Japan state-sponsored industrial development project of the Government of India on the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC), aimed at developing 7 Investment Regions of 250 km2 and 13 industrial areas across six states (Delhi, Western Uttar pradesh, Southern Haryana, Eastern Rajasthan, Eastern Gujarat, Western Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh) in India by boosting major expansion of Infrastructure and Industry, including industrial clusters and rail, road, port and air connectivity in the states along the route of the Corridor. This would open a floodgate of opportunities along several parts of Golden Quadrilateral such as Delhi-Mumbai NH-48, NH-2, NH-1 and NH -10 for developing industrial, urban and supporting infrastructure through public-private initiatives. More than 60% area of Haryana is under DMIC project, which is extended up to 150 km on both sides of the alignment of DMIC.
- Manesar has more than US$10 billion investment in several large multinational industries, specially from Japan, such as Maruti Suzuki and Tosiba Eco City. Aadhar's national Data Center is also located here.
- Bawal has been evolved as a mega industrial growth hub where HSIIDC has allotted 78 Industrial manufacturing plots to 78 medium and large scale projects multi-national companies here with capital investment of around US$1.18 billion (2016), including Harley-Davidson, Asahi India, Musashi Auto Parts India, POSCO steel, Kansai Nerolac Paints, YKK, Euothern Hema, Keihin Corporation, Atlas Copco, Ahresty Wilmington Corporation, Caparo Maruti and Haco Group along with many Indian companies such as Omax Corporation, Rico Auto Corporation, Minda Auto Group, Rubyco Modular Furniture International, Tenneco Automotive India, Continental Equipment and Multicolor Steels, Caparo power plant, etc. have set up plants.
- Nangal Chaudhary, with USD$3.3 billion phase-I investment, is North India's largest logistics and warehousing hub.
Maruti Suzuki, an anchor tenant, has several car manufacturing plants at Manesar since 1980s, providing growth by having hundreds of other Small and medium-sized enterprises with thousands of employees.
Manesar Eco CityEdit
Eco City, Manesar was developed by Japan's Toshiba by undertaking projects related . Areas covered include water recycling, power, logistics, solid waste management and transportation, etc. funded by the Ministry of Economic Trade and Investment, Government of Japan.
UIDAI Data CenterEdit
Low-cost Mass HousingEdit
Low-cost Mass Housing, Manesar is being developed in 2018-19 to cater for the cost effective housing for the workers of "Industrial Model Township, Manesar". Dr. B. Ravi Pillai, owner of RP Group and the richest Indian billionaire in Dubai and Middle East which employ over 70,000 employees, offered to CM of Haryana in December 2017 to invest in logistics company in Integrated Multimodel Logistics Hub, Nangal Chaudhary (North India's largest logistics hub) and in Prime Minister's Housing for All (PMAY) low-cost urban housing in 3 Industrial Model Townships (IMT) along Delhi Western Peripheral Expressway in IMT Bahadurgarh, IMT Kundli, Sonipat and IMT Manesar with construction to be completed within 1 year.
Manesar-Gurugram land scamEdit
The CBI submitted chargesheet against former Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda, real estate companies, officials of department of town and country planning Haryana and bureaucrats who worked with Hooda in his office while he was Chief Minister of Haryana, for the Manesar Industrial Model Township land acquisition scam resulting in INR1500 crore (15 billion) to innocent farmers of Manesar and adjoining village in Gurugram district whose land was being at a low rate for "public purpose" but was later licensed to real estate companies after granting out of term favours and concessions. Private builders grabbed 400 acres land from farmers at throwaway sales price based on the threat of acquisition by the government. Once this land was bought by the builders, Hooda government released this land from the acquisition process in the favor of builders instead of the original owners. Market value of this 400 acre land was nearly INR4 crore per acre or total INR1600 crore, which was acquired by the builders at only INR100 crore, causing a loss of INR1500 crore to innocent farmer owners of Manesar, Naurangpur and Lakhnoula villages.
One of the beneficiary of the scam was Hooda's nephew, Sukhwinder, whose company was given change of land use (CLU) permission for 52 acres land for INR57 lakh on the same day the government land acquisition process had lapsed for the want of release of funds, while at the same time CLU was denied to two other applicants [not related to Hooda].
Supreme Court of India cancelled this illegal acquisition and grant of land to the builders under a land acquisition process initiated by the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government. Court directed the CBI to inquire it further and instructed the government to "recover every single pie". Court returned the land to Haryana government. Land would not be returned to the landholders more than the prevailing price. The builders will not be allowed to recover any money they paid to land owners as the deal was done to benefit them and "middlemen".
The acquisition process was withdrawn with fraudulent intentions after the land was purchased by the private builders in active connivance with state functionaries. The builders and private entities were aware that the acquisition would not go through. The entire acquisition proceedings were initiated with mala fide intention, illegally and in violation of the provisions of the Land Acquisition Act. It was not a mere bonanza or a deal, but denoted quid pro quo.
On 17 September 2015, CBI had registered an FIR under Indian Penal Code sections 420 (cheating), 465 (forgery), 467 (forgery of valuable security), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) and under section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act. After which the premier investigating agency of India, CBI, conducted searches on 24 places to uncover irregularities in the purchase of land from farmers. On 2 Feb 2018, Hooda was chargesheeted by the CBI in the court.
New City near ManesarEdit
BJP Government chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced a new city adjoining Gurgaon in June 2018. In this, the area from Manesar towards Rewari and the area around Pataudi will be incorporated. The new city is likely to be spread across at least 50,000 hectares, which is larger than Chandigarh (11,400 hectares) but smaller than Gurgaon (73,200 hectares). The city will come up in PPP mode. The other aspects of developing the city in a planned manner will be prepared by the consultant in the detailed master plan.” The proposed city will be well connected to neighbouring urban centres through national and state highways, the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway and other major districts roads. The consultant is also expected to suggest the road network plan, metro rail plan, required rail and road linkages and public transportation for the proposed city and assess the proposed social, economic and physical infrastructure.
Manesar lies on National Highway 8 and is served by local buses, and trains plying on this route. The nearest railway station is Ghari Harsaru (GHH) and renowned station is Gurgaon.
Haryana will set up its own Metro Corporation to extend the metro-rail facility to areas in the national capital region (NCR) falling in Haryana, also plans to extend the Metro-rail up to Manesar town.
The sustained demand from the IT and ITeS sector has resulted in Sector 8 of IMT, Manesar emerging as a "Next Generation IT-ITeS Destination" in the Gurgaon district. Significant infrastructure improvement is underway in Manesar. The Delhi-Jaipur highway has reduced the travel time from Delhi to Manesar from 90 minutes to 30 minutes. To improve public transport further, plans have been made to extend the Delhi Metro to Manesar. However no plans or work has started and Metro officials denied any possibility even in near future.
The construction work for 135.6 km long Delhi Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway, is going at full swing. Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway was planned to become operational by June 2009 but may not be ready before 2012. Delhi will be relieved of the congestion of heavy night traffic. The expressway will act as a bypass for the night vehicles.
KMP Expressway has been divided into three packages of 45 km each. Three major camps at Kundli, Manesar and Palwal have been established, supported by three ancillary camps at Jassoure Kheri, Badli and Taoru. Four flyovers have been proposed at places where the expressway will cross national highways, namely, NH 1, NH 10 and NH 8. Sixteen overpasses and underpasses at crossings on state highways and major district roads; 7 overpasses, 9 underpasses and 27 underpasses at crossings on village roads; and 33 agricultural vehicular underpasses, 31 cattle crossing passages, 61 pedestrian crossing passages, four railway over-bridges, 18 major and minor bridges, cross drainage works (culverts) at 292 locations, and two truck parking and four bus bays will also be constructed.
The official languages spoken in this place are English, Hindi and Haryanvi. Manesar has several educational institutes, hotels, offices and factories. Farm tourism, a new concept introduced in Manesar by Agricultural department of Haryana.
The Heritage Transport Museum is situated on a three-acre plot, off National Highway 8 at Tauru Gurgaon near Manesar. A built up area of over 90,000 square feet of space spread over four floors houses the exhibition galleries, library and reference centre, conference rooms, mini auditorium, the museum shop, and a restaurant facility.
In order to cater to the healthcare needs of the residents there is a major requirement of healthcare facilities in Manesar.
- Medeor Hospital, IMT Manesar
- Yashlok hospital
- Upkar Hospital
- Sai Ram Hospital
- Ross Clincs & Hospital
- ESIC Hospital
- Lifecare Hospital
Some of the industrial units functioning in Manesar are:
- Riello Power India Pvt Ltd
- Airtel DTH relay station
- Alcatel-Lucent India Ltd
- Alere Inc.
- Asian Chair Craft
- Aum Dacro Coatings
- Baxter India
- BorgWarner Emission Systems
- Bundy India
- Denso Haryana
- Dhoot Transmission Pvt. Ltd
- Dudhmansager Dairy (A Unit Of Dudhsagar DairyMehsana)
- DURLUM INDIA PVT LTD Leading Metal Ceiling Manufacturers
- Frigo Glass
- Hero Motors Ltd
- Hectorbeverages private Ltd
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI)
- Johnson Matthey
- Keysight Technologies
- Lifestyle Chair Gallery Pvt. Ltd
- Magnet Marelli UM India Pvt. Ltd
- Mitsubishi Electricals
- Makino India
- Mankind Pharma
- Maruti Suzuki Metal
- Munjal Showa
- NHK Napino Auto
- NTF Technik India Pvt. Ltd
- RK Flooring Systems Pvt Ltd
- Samsung Telecommunications
- Senior Flexonics
- Sigma Global Corporation
- Subros Ltd.
- Triumph Motorcycles India Ltd
- Helical Springs Unit of T K Precision Pvt Ltd
- Hansfurniture Studio Pvt. Ltd.
- Magneti Marelli at Anantraj Tech Park
Nestle R&D Center
IMT Manesar - Business Environment
Integrated Manesar Township (IMT) is a 1,750-acre (7.1 km2) ultra modern Integrated Industrial Park that was initially planned as a joint venture of the Centre, Haryana government and a Japanese company. But it was finally taken over by the HSIDC in 1997 to be developed exclusively as an industrial area. IMT is located along the National Highway 8, linking Delhi and Jaipur.
Manesar has been developed in four phases. HSIDC has developed 1,750 acres (7.1 km2) of land in phase I, while work is in progress in Phase II (180 acres) and Phase IV (650 acres). HSIDC has allotted phase III (600 acres) to Maruti Udyog Limited for their expansion project. Manesar is an integrated and independent industrial town having all the basic infrastructure to facilitate industrialisation of the area.
World Trade CentreEdit
Delhi NCR gets its first World Trade Center (WTC) at Spire Edge in Manesar, an integrated 1.6 million sq.ft mixed use IT/ITeS development.
- From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=CAP/2011/02/05&PageLabel=58&EntityId=Ar05800&ViewMode=HTML "Article Window" Check
|url=value (help). 5 February 2011. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- Dipak Kumar Dash (20 August 2009). "Manesar shops go for a bomb". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- "Pin Code of Manesar Gurgaon". citypincode.in. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- On Growth Trajectory - Express Healthcare Archived 28 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 18 April 2009.
- "Haryana showpiece millennium city Gurgaon's 'powerless' original residents suffer". India.com. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- 2006, India Today International, Volume 5, Issues 1-12, Page 78.
- "Compensate Gurgaon farmers at current rates: court". Hindustan Times. 14 May 2014. Archived from the original on 17 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Punjab & Haryana High Court". Phhc.gov.in:. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- Tanushree Roy Chowdhury (22 December 2010). "Villagers fume after Haryana CM skips KMP meet". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Vineet Gill (27 January 2011). "MIWA extends support to protesting villagers". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Tanushree Roy Chowdhury (31 January 2011). "Please spare our fertile land". The Times Of India. TNN.
- Vineet Gill (12 April 2011). "Agricultural production in Manesar falls substantially". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Vineet Gill (7 February 2011). "Industry welfare associations, farmers to map 5,000 acres of Manesar region". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Govt acting as property dealer: Manesar farmers". The Times Of India. TNN. 1 March 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Compensate Gurgaon farmers at current rates, court tells builders". Business Standard. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Haryana Review 2013
- Dubai-based company keen on investing in state, The Tribune, 6 Dec 2017.
- Manesar land scam: Ex-Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda chargesheeted, Times of India, 2 Feb 2018.
- Bhupinder Singh Hooda’s nephew among beneficiaries of Manesar land scam: Chargesheet, Times of India, 24 Feb 2018.
- "Nothing But Fraud": Supreme Court Scraps Haryana Land Deals Under BS Hooda Rule, NDTV, 13 Mar 2018.
- "Haryana to set up own metro corporation". Sify. 22 June 2010. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- Manveer Saini (22 June 2010). "DMRC train In Gurgaon fuels dreams of Haryana's own metro". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- Sp Infocity Archived 12 July 2007 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- "Metro not being extended to Manesar: Sreedharan". The Times Of India. TNN. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway achieves financial closure". 8 January 2007. Retrieved 21 April 2009.
- "Heritage Transport Museum Manesar Gurgaon - A collection of objects related to transportation in India!". Heritage Transport Museum. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Professional Office Movers". 7 June 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "Agilent opens new campus at Manesar". The Economic Times. 16 April 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- "World Trade Center Manesar | WTC manesar Call 9958959555". Sarthakestates.com. 17 June 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2014.