Mandar Agashe (born 24 May 1969) is an Indian musician, music producer and businessman. He is the founder and vice chairman of Sarvatra Technologies. He is best known for the release of his Indian-pop album Nazar Nazar, in 1998.
Agashe in 2000 during an album promotional shoot
|Vice Chairman of Sarvatra Technologies|
2000 – Incumbent
|Born||24 May 1969|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Parents||Dnyaneshwar Agashe (father) and Rekha Agashe (mother)|
|Relatives||Ashutosh Agashe (brother), Sheetal Agashe (sister)|
|Residence||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Musician, music director, businessman|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, composer, songwriter, music director|
Agashe was born in Mumbai on 24 May 1969 to Dnyaneshwar Agashe and Rekha Gogte. Him and his siblings, Ashutosh Agashe and Sheetal Agashe, are the grandchildren of industrialist Chandrashekhar Agashe. He also has two children from a former marriage.
Beginning his career in 1994, Agashe became director of three family-held businesses, including his namesake Mandar Agashe Finance & Investments. Between 1994 and 2000, he established EBZ Online, a software company, along with Oracle; and established Codito, a chip-processing company Codito.
In 1998, he explored the Ayurvedic skincare market under Brihans Pharmaceuticals, eventually establishing Brihans Natural Products Ltd. in 2000. Agashe was one of the directors implicated in the controversial case surrounding the alleged scam by the Suvarna Sahakari Bank in 2008.
In 2000 Agashe founded Sarvatra Technologies, a financial technological company that provides payment software to the Indian rural/co-operative banking sector. As of 2018, it has 450 co-operative banks on India's National Financial Switch. Agashe has served as the company's vice chairman since.
In the mid 90s, while a student of computer engineering, Agashe launched an internet radio website called Musicurry.com. He formally came into the music field as a co-music director with Pandit Hridayanath and sang his first playback song with Asha Bhosle. In 1998, he released his debut mainstream effort, Nazar Nazar. The album was recorded in Hindi and English, with several songs from the album and their accompanying music videos charted well on MTV India.
In 2003, Agashe planned to go international and released a single in Germany called I Need Someone. India Times' Huned Contractor said: "It is a track that showcases a different style altogether with Mandar providing it with a laidback attitude and the smoothness of a drawl."
In 2016, he released a reprise effort with Asha Bhosle in the form of an album called "82", reflecting the veteran singer's age at the time of recording. Acting as music director, he featured six of Suresh Bhat's ghazals, that Bhat had given Agashe prior to his death.
- I Need Someone - Single (2003)
- Ranade, Sadashiv (1974). Agashe Kula-vr̥ttānta (in Marathi). p. 375. LCCN 74903020. OCLC 20388396.
- Kamath, M. V.; Gogaṭe, Bāḷakr̥shṇa Mahādeva (1991). The Makings of a Millionaire: A Tribute to a Living Legend, Raosaheb B.M. Gogte, Industrialist, Philanthropist & Educationist. Jaico Publishing House.
Family of Rekha Gogte and Dnyaneshwar Agashe
- Bhūpendra, Karandīkara, Śakuntalā. Viśvasta. Puṇe. ISBN 9781532345012. OCLC 992168228.
- Agashe, Trupti; Agashe, Gopal (2006). "Mangdari Gharana" [The House of Mangdari]. In Wad, Mugdha (ed.). Agashe Kulvrutant [The Agashe Family Genealogy] (in Marathi) (2nd ed.). Hyderabad: Surbhi Graphics. ISBN 978-1-5323-4500-5.
Agashe, Sheetal Dnyaneshwar
- "Mandar Dnyaneshwar Agashe - Director information and companies associated with | Zauba Corp". www.zaubacorp.com. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Business India. A.H. Advani. 1 January 2004. p. 70.
EBZ online, which Mandar established
- "Oracle forms alliance with EBZ Online". The Economic Times. 11 May 2007.
- Goje, Amol C.; Yannawar, Pravin L. (1 September 2011). Proceedings Of The 2Nd National Conference On Emerging Trends In Information Technology (Eit-2007). I. K. International Pvt Ltd. ISBN 9788189866631.
Mandar Agashe Chairman, Codito, Pune
- Athale, Gouri (30 June 2006). "Codito Tech to hive off its product biz to Indian software co". The Economic Times.
- "Chip of the block". The Economic Times. 30 January 2006.
- "'Udyog Ratna' for Brihans - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Company News and Notes. Research and Statistics Division, Department of Company Law Administration, Ministry of Commerce & Industry. 2000.
- "Mandar Agashe's bail plea rejected - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Dnyaneshwar Agashe cremated - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Fintech India: Sarvatra Technologies Brings 450th Co-operative Bank on National Financial Switch | The Fintech Times". The Fintech Times. 18 August 2018.
- Money, Sakal. "Sarvatra Technologies brings 450th Co-operative Bank on National Financial Switch". Sakal Money.
- "Sarvatra Technologies brings 450th co operative bank on national financial switch". UNI India.
- "Sarvatra launches 450th cooperative bank - Times of India". The Times of India.
- India Today International. Living Media India Limited. 1 January 2000. p. 458.
The usp includes Musicurry web radio and a > 0 recording label. It's run by Mandar Agashe and Adi- nath Mangeshkar (Oh yeah, Lata's nephew).
- "The new music mecca". Indian Express. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "I, Me, Myself". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- Kharade, Pallavi (30 April 2004). "Singing a solo tune". Times of India.
- "Mandar to release single in Germany". Times of India. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
choosing to flow from techno to trance to Indian classical
- "Asha Bhosale sings Suresh Bhat gajhals for her next album "82" - StarMarathi.in". starmarathi.in. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
Titled as "82" and containing six gajhals, this album has been composed by young composer Mandar Agashe.
- "Asha renders six Suresh Bhat ghazals to western tunes - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Kulye, Ajay. "Music Director Mandar Agashe Launches Asha Bhosle's '82' Pop Album - MarathiCineyug.com | Marathi Movies | News | Reviews | Actor | Actress | Videos | Photos | TV Serials | Theatre". marathicineyug.com. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- NYOOOZ. "Asha renders six Suresh Bhat ghazals to western tunes | Nagpur NYOOOZ". NYOOOZ. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
The album has been titled to reflect the age of the versatile singer
- Ingole, Amit. "Asha Bhosale's new album 82 music by Mandar Aagashe & Lyrics by Suresh Bhat | संगीतकार मंदार आगशेंनी "82" मधून पून्हा आणले आशा भोसले आणि सुरेश भट यांचे अद्वैत". India.com. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Jaan Le by Mandar Agashe, 2 December 2005, retrieved 14 September 2018
- Mathur, Barkha (21 April 2016). "Asha renders six Suresh Bhat ghazals to western tunes - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- on 's channelYouTube