|Born||June 27, 1978|
Willingboro Township, New Jersey
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school||Shawnee (Medford, New Jersey)|
|NBA draft||2000 / Undrafted|
|2000–2001||San Diego Wildfire|
|2007–2008||New Jersey Nets|
|2014–2018||Detroit Pistons (assistant)|
|2018–2019||Minnesota Timberwolves (assistant)|
|2019–present||Miami Heat (assistant)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
After four years at Villanova University Allen went undrafted in the 2000 NBA draft. He began his career in the ABA with the San Diego Wildfire and in the International Basketball League with Trenton in 2000–01 season. On July 20, 2001 he was signed by the Miami Heat of the NBA. He stayed with the Heat until he was traded on February 24, 2005 to the Charlotte Bobcats. The Chicago Bulls signed him to a two-year deal on September 2, 2005. Over two seasons with the Bulls Allen played in 114 regular season games making 21 starts and averaged 4.5 points and 2.3 rebounds per game. On September 10, 2007, the New Jersey Nets signed Allen to a one-year contract worth US$964,636.
On February 19, 2008, he was traded to the Dallas Mavericks along with Jason Kidd and Antoine Wright in exchange for Keith Van Horn, Devin Harris, Trenton Hassell, DeSagana Diop, Maurice Ager, $3 million cash and 2008 and the Mavericks' 2010 first round draft pick.
On August 7, 2014, it was announced that Allen was named an assistant coach for the Detroit Pistons. After a season with the Timberwolves, Allen accepted a position to return to the Miami Heat as an assistant coach.
NBA career statisticsEdit
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- New Jersey Nets Salaries, HoopsHype.com
- NETS SIGN MALIK ALLEN, September 10, 2007
- Malik Allen on NBA.com Archived 2010-12-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Jason Kidd Traded to Mavs
- Bucks Add Lue, Allen
- Hochman, Benjamin (July 22, 2009). "Nuggets set to acquire Allen from Bucks". Denver Post.
- "Nuggets Acquire Malik Allen from Milwaukee". NBA.com. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- Allen signed by Orlando Archived 2010-09-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Detroit Pistons Add to Coaching and Basketball Operations Staffs NBA.com, August 7, 2014
- "HEAT Hire Malik Allen As Assistant Coach". Miami Heat. Retrieved 2019-07-17.