The Maldives International is an open international badminton tournament in Maldives organized by the Badminton Association of Maldives and sanctioned by the Badminton Asia Confederation and Badminton World Federation. This tournament has been an International Challenge level before it went into hiatus in 2014. This tournament held at the Malé sports complex, and offered world ranking points with total prize money US$15,000.
In 2010, India won two titles from the men's and women's singles event. Anand Pawar won the men's singles title after defeated Dinuka Karunaratne of Sri Lanka with the score 21–14, 21–18, while his compatriot Trupti Murgunde won the women's singles title after Ann Venice Alcala Malvinne of Philippines retired with a hamstring injury at the score 21–10, 11–3. The men's doubles title goes to Pakistani Kashif Ali Sulehri and Rizwan Azam, and the Japanese pair Chinami Okui and Yukie Sumida won the women's doubles title. Kennevic Asuncion and Karyn Velez won the mixed doubles title outlasted Sri Lanka's Udara Nayanajith and Renu Chandrika Hettiarachchige, 24–22, 17–21, 21–13.
In 2011, Pablo Abián of Spain with his fast movement on the court, excellent physics, and speed of strokes managed to win the men's singles title. The 15 years old, P. V. Sindhu produced a stunning performance to win the women's singles title. She beat Carolina Marin in the third round and Agnese Allegrini in the semi-final. The men's, women's, and mixed doubles title goes to Singapore (Ashton Chen Yong Zhao and Derek Wong Zi Liang), Japan (Miki Komori and Nao Miyoshi) and Canada (Toby Ng and Grace Gao) respectively.
In 2012, K. Srikanth emerged as the title winner by ending the men's singles final set in three games with a margin of 13–21, 21–11 and 21–16 of Zulfadli Zulkiffli. Japan won three titles from the women's singles, men's doubles and women's doubles event. Raj Popat of Wales and Devi Tika Permatasari of Indonesia emerged as the winner of the mixed doubles title after defeating Sri Lanka’s Hasitha Chanaka and Kavindi Ishandika Sirimannage.
In 2013, Indonesia managed to put 6 representatives in the final round, and won two titles in the men's singles and women's doubles event after created All Indonesian finals. Hanna Ramadini lost to Michelle Li of Canada in the women's singles final and Arya Maulana Aldiartama/Alfian Eko Prasetya defeated by the Taiwanese pair Tien Tzu-chieh and Wang Chi-lin. Indian pair K. Nandagopal and Maneesha Kukkapalli clinched the mixed doubles title after registering a straight-game victory over Kim Dae-sung and Oh Bo-kyung of South Korea.
|Year||Men's singles||Women's singles||Men's doubles||Women's doubles||Mixed doubles|
|2010||Anand Pawar||Trupti Murgunde|| Kashif Ali Sulehri
| Chinami Okui
| Kennevic Asuncion|
|2011||Pablo Abián||P. V. Sindhu|| Ashton Chen Yong Zhao
Derek Wong Zi Liang
| Miki Komori
| Toby Ng|
|2012||K. Srikanth||Sayaka Takahashi|| Kazuya Itani
| Naoko Fukuman
| Raj Popat|
Devi Tika Permatasari
|2013||Fikri Ihsandi Hadmadi||Michelle Li|| Tien Tzu-chieh
| Maretha Dea Giovani
| K. Nandagopal|
- "Maldives to revive Maldives International after three years in doldrum". Badminton Asia Confederation. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Maldivian International Challenge 2010". Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 8 August 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Maldives International Badminton Challenge 2013". Badminton in India. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Olympics for Pakistani badminton players". Dawn. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Trupti, Pawar shine in Maldives". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Asuncion-Velez bags mixed doubles gold". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Vítězem Maldives Badminton Challenge je sympaťák Pablo Abian" (in Czech). Badec.cz. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "15 Years Old PV Sindhu Triumphs at Maldives Open". Sportskeeda. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Maldives International: naši uhráli dvě kola" (in Czech). Badminton web. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "India's Srikanth K. steals limelight at Maldives International Challenge 2012". News Pakistan. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- バドミントン高橋が女子単で優勝／モルディブ国際 (in Japanese). Shikoku News. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Raj Popat and Devi Tika Permatasari grab Mixed Doubles title at Maldives International". Senore. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Indonesia raih dua gelar dari Maldives" (in Indonesian). SINDOnews.com. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Nandagopal-Maneesha lift mixed doubles title at Maldives International Badminton". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 June 2017.