Maksim Yurevich Sokolov (Russian: Максим Юрьевич Соколов, tr. Maksim Yurevich Sokolov; born 29 September 1968) is a Russian economist and politician who was the Minister for Transportation, from 21 May 2012 to 7 May 2018.
Максим Юрьевич Соколов
21 May 2012 – 7 May 2018
|Preceded by||Igor Levitin|
|Succeeded by||Yevgeny Dietrich|
|Director of the Department of Industry and Infrastructures of the Government|
Maksim Yurevich Sokolov
29 September 1968
Saint Petersburg, Russia
|Political party||Communist Party of the Soviet Union (Before 1991)|
United Russia (2004–present)
|Alma mater||Leningrad State University|
Between 1991 and 1993, Solokov worked as a lecturer in the department of economics at St. Petersburg State University.
In 2011, Sokolov became professor and chair of the department of the Higher Management School of Saint Petersburg State University.
In 1992, he became Chairman of the "Rossi" Company. In 1999 and 2004 he became Chairman of "Corporation S", a company that builds elite homes in St Petersburg.
In 2004, he began working in the Administration of Saint Petersburg as Head of Committee for Strategic Projects of the Municipal government. In 2009, he was a member of the municipal government, as Chairman of Committee for Economic Development, Industrial policy and Trade.
In 2009, he moved to Moscow and on December 4 of the same year he became the Director of Department for Industry and Infrastructures of the Government of Russia. In May 2012, he was appointed as Minister of Transportation by Dmitry Medvedev.
He is married and has three sons.
Honours and awardsEdit
- Medal of the Order "For Merit" 2nd class
- Presidential Decree "On the appointment of the Minister for Transportation of the Russian Federation" Archived 2013-12-02 at the Wayback Machine, 21.05.2012
- "Maxim Sokolov - The Russian Government". government.ru. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- Published results of the expertise of Maksim Sokolov’s thesis on Dissernet server
- The minister of transport sokolov convicted of writing off of the thesis
|This article about a Russian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|