Majid Ali Jaunpuri
Maulana Majid Ali also known as Muhaddith Manwi was a Sunni Islamic scholar from Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh. He was mainly known for his expertise in logic, however he was an outstanding scholar of hadith. He was considered as a great rationalist divine of his time. It is said that he wrote marginalia to Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi.
Muhaddith Manwi, Maulana
Majid Ali Jaunpuri
Calligraphy of name of Muhaddith Manwi
|Main interest(s)||Hadith, Logic, Philosophy|
|Alma mater||Darul Uloom Deoband|
Maulana Majid Ali studied under the scholars like Maulana Abdul Haq Khairabadi, Mufti Lutfullah Aligarhi and Qazi Abdul Haq Kabuli.He graduated from the Darul Uloom Deoband in 1314 A.H. He attended Hadith lectures of Maulana Rasheed Ahmad Gangohi for two years. He acquired the knowledge of rational sciences from Maulana Abdul Haq Khairabadi and Maulana Ahmad Hasan Kanpuri.
He served as a teacher in Mendhu Aligarh. His place was regarded as shelter for the students of logic and philosophy. He also taught in religious schools of Delhi. Maulana Abdul Ghani Phulpuri and Maulana Syed Fakhruddin Ahmad (who was a professor of Hadith at Darul Uloom Deoband) are his famous students. Step father of Shaykh Abdul Haq Azmi (1928-2016): “Maulana Muslim Jaunpuri” was among his celebrated disciples. 
Interest in HadithEdit
Habib ar-Rahman Qasmi states that:
Although, Muhaddith Manwi was imam of logic and philosophy, but he was very much inspired by Maulana Rashid Ahmad Gangohi in the span of 4 years. Then he served, along with the other disciples of knowledge, mainly the disciple of Hadith. In the six books of Hadith, he was mainly attached with Bukhari and Tirmidhi and used to lecture on both wholeheartedly. 
- Karwan-e-Rafta. Darul Muallifeen Deoband. p. 220.
- "Introduction to Ulema". darululoom-deoband.com. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Other Great Ulama of Deoband". dud.edu.in. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- History of The Dar al-Ulum (Volume 2). Idara-e-Ehtemam, Dar al-Ulum Deoband. p. 55.
- Darul Uloom (July 1979), Page 11.
- "Epitome of Humility: Shaykh Muhammad Ayyub A'zimi (Part One)". Deoband.org. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Obituary: Hadhrat Maulana Shaikh Abdul Haq Azami (1928-2016)". Deoband.net. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Darul Uloom" (July 1979): 11-12. Cite journal requires