This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Majestica (formerly ReinXeed) is a symphonic/power metal band from Boden, Sweden. They were formed in 2004 by vocalist Tommy Johansson. They are influenced by soundtrack movies such as Lord of the Rings and bands like Helloween with Michael Kiske, and Rhapsody of Fire.
|Also known as||ReinXeed|
|Genres||Symphonic metal, power metal|
|Labels||DooLittle Group AB, Rivel, Nuclear Blast|
In 2008, Majestica released their first studio album The Light on Rivel Records. This helped the band land an appearance in Japan where they gained fans. Their second album, Higher, has more mature keyboards effects. The band has seven full studio albums out.
They initially started as ReinXeed, led by Tommy Johansson out of Boden, Sweden. In 2004, Johansson had a different band also under the name of ReinXeed, but its line-up and style were different than the band from The Light on where he mixed film soundtrack music with melodic power metal. Drummer, and band leader of the Swedish melodic power metal band Majestic Vanguard, Daniel Eskilsson heard early versions of the songs Johansson posted to his MySpace page and put him in touch with Christian Liljegren of Rivel Records / CM Sweden. Jani Stefanovic from Divinefire and Essence of Sorrow co-produced and mixed the album and handled all the drums on the album. It was released 12 March in Japan, 20 June in Europe, via Rivel Records.
The album allowed Johansson to recruit a band: two guitarists, Kerry Lundberg and Mattias Johansson, keyboardist Henrik Fellermark, drummer Erik Forsgren and bassist Ace Thunder to record and release Higher.
The band's next album, 1912, is a concept album about the Titanic and its sinking. The Japanese edition includes three bonus tracks: "ReinXeed Alliance", "Aces High" (an Iron Maiden cover) and "Pray for Japan", a song written and recorded to support Japan in the aftermath of the 11 March 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Welcome to the Theater was released in May 2012. A New World was released in 2013 with a new line up.
The band changed their name in 2019 from ReinXeed to Majestica upon their signing with record label Nuclear Blast Records.
- Tommy "ReinXeed" Johannson – lead guitar, lead vocals, keyboards, orchestration
- Alexander Oriz – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Chris David – bass
- Daniel Sjögren – drums
- The Light (2008)
- Higher (2009)
- Majestic (2010)
- 1912 (2011)
- Welcome to the Theater (2012)
- A New World (2013)
On compilation albums
- Swedish Hitz Goes Metal (2011)
- Swedish Hitz Goes Metal Vol.2 (2013)
- Above the Sky (2019)
- "Bands of Fire (Higher Article)". Bandsonfire.com. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "Bands of Fire (The Light Article)". Bandsonfire.com. Archived from the original on 16 September 2010. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "(Higher)". Angelic Warlord. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- "Welcome to the theatre's lyrics". Archived from the original on 9 February 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2012.