This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Mahindra Bolero is an off-road vehicle produced by Mahindra & Mahindra.
|Manufacturer||Mahindra and Mahindra Limited|
|Also called||Mahindra Cimarrón (South America and Canada)
Mahindra Enforcer (Philippines)
|Assembly||Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
|Designer||Shyam Kumar Alepalli|
|Body and chassis|
|Transmission||Five-speed manual, four wheel drive option|
|Height||1,885 mm (74.2 in)|
The basic design is based on the Mahindra Armada Grand. The first-generation Bolero was equipped with a Peugeot 2.5 L (150 in3) IDI engine which produced 75 bhp (56 kW). The second generation was released with slightly modified exteriors (a larger grille being the most obvious change) and the major change was the engine, a 2.5 L (150 in3) in-house engine from Mahindra. It is powered by a 72 bhp (54 kW) 2,523 cc (154.0 cu in) turbo-charged direct injection diesel engine. In September 2011, the third generation Bolero was released, with a more thoroughly re-designed front with jewelled headlamps. In India it is powered by the 63 bhp (47 kW) M2DiCR diesel engine with a "soft turbo", mated to a five-speed transmission. This latest engine meets the Bharat IV emissions standards.
Models and trimsEdit
The Bolero is offered in the Indian domestic market in the following trims:
- EX – The "no frills" base model includes vinyl seats, basic digital instruments,and engine immobilization but lacks even the most rudimentary of modern conveniences such as power steering or air conditioning.
- SLE – This trim replaces vinyl with a fabric/vinyl mix, and adds power steering, air conditioning, a heater, a second row center armrest,a remote fuel lid opener, and a spare wheel cover
- SLX – Adds CD and MP3 capability, body color ORVM, a body color spare wheel cover insert,wood finish on the central console, power windows, central locking, keyless entry, and a 12-volt port.
- ZLX – the top of the line ZLX trim adds the Mahindra Micro Hybrid System (similar to start/stop), a more advanced driver info system, exterior graphics, a rear windshield wiper, and VMS
- The DI is similar to the EX trim but is fitted with the rugged DI engine. The EX, SLE, SLX and ZLX meanwhile are available with the M2DiCR low-cost common rail engine, which meets the BS IV emissions standards (required in 13 major Indian cities)
An ambulance model is also available.
The Mahindra Bolero is an SUV-based pickup truck, available in AC and non-AC variants. Single or double cabin models are on offer. It is powered by the 72 bhp (54 kW) 2523 cc turbo-charged direct injection diesel engine, although the new, cleaner M2DiCR has also been an option. Drive is manual with 4WD optional, power steering is available. Default tyres are 235/75 R15 Goodyear Wrangler radials. Mileage 12.2 km/L (8.2 L/100 km; 29 mpg‑US) fuel economy in city with AC. Mileage 14 km/L (7.1 L/100 km; 33 mpg‑US) fuel economy on highway at around 80 to 100 km/h with AC.
- Tabamo, Dinzo. "Mahindra officially enters PH market, releases product lineup and pricing".
- Khan, Faisal (2011-09-08). "2012 Mahindra Bolero facelift launched". MotorBeam Digital. Archived from the original on 2017-08-01.