Mahendran (born Chennai, India, 23 January 1991) is an Indian film actor who works in Tamil and Telugu language films. He started acting at the age of 3 and has appeared in over 100 films in six languages as a child actor, a record in India. He is a reciepient of two Nandi Awards and two Tamil Nadu State Film Awards.
Mahendran made his debut with K. S. Ravikumar's Nattamai (1994). He twice won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Child Artist, for Thaikulame Thaikulame (1995) and Kumbakonam Gopalu (1998). He also twice won the Nandi Award for Best Child Actor, for Devi (1999) and Little Hearts (2001). He also appeared on the Sun TV dance show Masthana Masthana as a participant in 2009.
The film is based on the award-winning short film Uthiri, and portrays the love story of Mahendran's character Sundaram, who plays the thappu instrument at funerals, and Rakkamma (Malavika), an oppari singer. The film opened to positive reviews in December 2013. His first Telugu film, First Love opposite Amrita Rao released on the same day, with a low key release.
|1995||Thaikulame Thaikulame||Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Child Artist|
|Coimbatore Mappillai||Sumithra's neighbor|
|Mappillai Gounder||Young Subramani|
|Thulli Thirintha Kaalam||Market worker|
|Kaathala Kaathala||Orphan child|
|En Uyir Nee Thaane||Rajasekhar's son|
|Kumbakonam Gopalu||Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Child Artist|
|Sivappu Nila||Muthu Manikkam|
|Nee Varuvai Ena|
|Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa||Udayappa|
|Mugavaree||A child on the beach|
|2003||Magic Magic 3D||Indrajeet's friend|
|2010||Mudhal Kadhal Mazhai|
|Chidambaram Railway Gate|
|Namma Oorukku Ennadhan Achu|
|1999||Devi||Young Tantra||Nandi Award for Best Child Actor|
|2001||Little Hearts||Nandi Award for Best Child Actor|
|2020||Asalu Em Jarigindhante||Vaasu|
- "India book of records". 9 April 2013.
- "Master Mahendran is back with 'Vizha'". Deccan Chronicle. The Deccan Chronicle. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "Mahendran's next is a Tamil-Telugu bilingual - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Mahendran's next 'Namma Ooruku Ennadhaan Aachu', a rural thriller". The New Indian Express.
- Joseph, Raveena; Ramanujam, Srinivasa (13 November 2015). "Child stars on the big screen". The Hindu.
- "KS Ravikumar uncle is a huge inspiration for me on how to approach cinema: Master Mahendran - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Master Mahendran's first meeting with Ajith - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Venkatesh, Maheshwari get Nandi awards". The Hindu. 8 December 2000. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Film awards announced". The Hindu. 18 July 2000. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- S. R. Ashok Kumar (10 November 2013). "Audio Beat: Vizha — Tunes that will touch a chord". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "'Master' actor Mahendran thanks fans on social media for their love and support to the film". The Times of India. 7 May 2020. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "Vizha: storytelling with a difference". The Times of India. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "I had complete belief in Vizha's script: Barathi". The Times of India. 8 December 2013. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "First Love Telugu Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2 March 2014.