Mahanubhavudu (transl. Great person) is a 2017 Indian Telugu-language romantic comedy film written and directed by Maruthi. It features Sharwanand and Mehreen Pirzada in the lead roles.
|Produced by||V. Vamsi Krishna Reddy|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Box office||est. ₹45.3 crore|
The film's principal photography commenced on 7 March 2017 and was wrapped on 2 September 2017, and had a worldwide release on 29 September 2017. The movie received positive reviews and was a commercial success.
The film was remade in Odia in 2019 as Ajab Sanju Ra Gajab Love starring Babushan.
Anand (Sharwanand) is a young man with obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCD) and is very particular about tidyness. He doesn't even touch others since he is a Mysophobiac and has an unrealistic fear of hospitals since they have infectious patients. He, one day, meets Meghana (Mehreen Pirzada) after an incident involving a man spitting chewing gum on her shoe. He falls in love with her after she tells the man the importance of cleanliness. She later becomes his partner for a company project and eventually falls for him too. She decides to introduce Anand to her father, Ramaraju (Nassar), who has been waiting for his daughter to get married.
Although Meghana's father rejects him at first due to his eccentricities, Anand saves his stolen bag from a bunch of goons and he accepts him as his son-in-law. However at that time, Meghana's father suffers a heart attack. Her father begins vomiting blood onto Anand and Anand drives him to hospital along with Meghana. While driving, Aanand begins to recollect the incident again and again and is nauseated. Unable to hold his vomit, he stops the car by the road and gets down the car to vomit by the road. He then tells Meghana that he can't take her father to the hospital as he is nauseous which shocks her. Meghana takes her father to the hospital instead and breaks up with Anand because of his insistence over things being clean as well as for his selfishness.
In the later half, Anand goes to Meghana's village, as she didn't tell her father about their breakup. In their village, he experiences a lot things which bring out anger and the Mysophobia in him, but he controls his fears and stays for Meghana. In the end, he is pulled into a fight in mud to save the village and get Meghana's trust, which he wins but falls down as soon as the fight is over. The doctor reveals that he just had an infection due to fighting in the mud.
In the end, he is seen asking his son, who shares the same traits of his OCD, to not be obsessive but to enjoy life and they both are seen playing in the rain.
- Sharwanand as Anand
- Mehreen Pirzada as Meghana
- Vennela Kishore as Kishore
- Nassar as Ramaraju, Meghana's father
- Kalyani Natarajan as Anand's mother
- Bhadram as Ramaraju's servant
- Himaja as Meghana's Friend
- Raghu Babu as doctor
- Mahadevan as Bhupathi
- Duvvasi Mohan
- Srinivas Avasarala
- Maruthi in a cameo appearance in song Bhamalu Bhamalu
|Film score by|
|Label||Mango Music, Saregama|
|S. Thaman chronology|
Music composed by S. Thaman. The soundtrack was released by Mango Music.
|1.||"Rendu Kallu"||Krishna Kanth||Armaan Malik||3:34|
|2.||"Mahanubhavudu"||Krishna Kanth||M. M. Manasi, Geetha Madhuri||4:25|
|3.||"Kiss Me Baby"||Krishna Kanth||S. Thaman, Manisha Eerabathini||3:35|
|4.||"My Love Is Back"||Krishna Kanth||Rahul Nambiar||4:25|
|5.||"Bammalu Bammalluuu"||Bhaskarbatla||Nakash Aziz||3:30|
|6.||"Eppudainna"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||Shweta Pandit, Rita Thyagarajan||4:04|
- ^ "'Mahanubhavudu' Box Office collection: Sharwanand and Mehreen Pirzada starrer makes Rs 32.31 Cr worldwide in a week". Times of India. 7 October 2017.
- ^ "Tollywood in 2017: 15 highest grossing Telugu movies of the year – Baahubali 2, Khaidi No 150, JLK, DJ and others". IB Times. 17 December 2017.
- ^ Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (29 September 2017). "'Mahanubhavudu' review: a decent time pass story". The Hindu. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- ^ Jayakrishnan (13 August 2017). "Maruthi's 'Mahanubhavudu' to have a unique concept". Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- ^ "Sharwanand starts shooting for Maruthi's 'Mahanubhavudu'". Times of India. 7 May 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- ^ Chowdary, Y. Sunitha (25 October 2017). "Acting wellness". The Hindu.