Mahanayak Vasant Tu
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mahanayak Vasant Tu is a 2015 Indian Marathi language biopic film starring Chinmay Mandlekar. It is based on the life of ex Chief Minister of Maharashtra state Shree Vasantrao Naik. He was the Chief Minister of Maharashtra for more than 11 years (3 terms) from 5 December 1963 to 20 February 1975. The film stars Chinmay Mandlekar as Vasantrao Naik, Nisha Parulekar, Bharat Ganeshpure, Ravi Patwardhan, Prakash Dhotre, Jayraj Nair. The film also has a special appearance by popular actress Prajakta Mali. The film is written and directed by Nilesh Jalamkar. And produced by Baliram Rathod under the banner Aditie Film Production House.
|Mahanayak Vasant Tu|
|Directed by||Nilesh Jalamkar |
|Produced by||Baliram Rathod|
|Story by||Nilesh Jalamkar|
|Starring||Chinmay Mandlekar |
|Cinematography||Chandrakant Meher (Charles)|
|Edited by||Santosh Gothaskar|
|Distributed by||A.P. Communications|
Special Prosthetic makeup has been used to transform Chinmay Mandlekar to look like Shree Vasantrao Naik. Apart from make up, vfx has also been used to make it more realistic and lively. The vfx work (make-up clean up) took around 9 months to complete.
Mahanayak Vasnat Tu showcases the life of Shree Vasantrao Naik, right from his childhood days to his time as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. The film shows various stages and instances of his personal and political life, and how he over came various obstacles with the help of his foresight and positive personality. The film is set in pre independence and post independence era.
- Chinmay Mandlekar as Vasantrao Naik
- Nisha Parulekar as Vatsala Naik
- Prakash Dhotre as Fulsingh Naik
- Ravi Patwardhan as Chatursingh Naik
- Bharat Ganeshpure as Balasaheb Desai
- Jayraj Nair as Satwarrao Naik
- Satish Phadke as Jambuwantrao Dhote
- Ashish Kulkarni
- Jayant Patrikar
- Yayati Rajwade
- Prajakta Mali Guest appearance
The Film was announced in July 2013. The filming took place in 3 schedule. Most of the shooting took place in Akola and near by places. Pusad was also a main location. The final schedule was shot in Mumbai. 4 different looks are used on Chinmay Mandlekar as he portrays Shree Vasantrao Naik from the age of 20 years to 60 years
|Mahanayak Vasant Tu|
|Soundtrack album by |
Mandar Khare-Anant Khelkar
The film has 4 melodious songs ranging from romantic ballad to. The music and background music is composed by Mandar Khare and songs are written by Anant Khelkar, Ilahi Jamadar and Nilesh Jalamkar.
- "Nilesh Jalamkar's Hit Marathi Films That You Just Cannot Miss". Danish Ansari. Republic World. 9 January 2020. Retrieved 31 March 2020.
- Bhanage, Mihir (30 November 2015). "Mahanayak Vasant Tu Movie Review". Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Chinmay Mandlekar: Must watch Marathi movies of the actors". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "Nilesh Jalamkar's hit Marathi films you should not miss". The Times of India. 4 January 2020. Retrieved 31 March 2020.