Magic Camp (2018 film)(Redirected from Magic Camp)
Magic Camp is an upcoming American comedy family film produced by Team Todd and Gunn Films and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is directed by Mark Waters and written by Steve Martin, Dan Gregor, and Doug Mand. The film stars Adam DeVine, Jeffrey Tambor, Gillian Jacobs, Nathaniel McIntyre, J.J. Totah and Cole Sand. The film is scheduled to be released on April 6, 2018.
|Directed by||Mark Waters|
|Story by||Steve Martin|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios
Andy (Devine), who, at the urging of his former mentor and Magic Camp owner Roy Preston (Tambor), returns to the camp of his youth hoping to reignite his career. Instead, he finds inspiration in his ragtag bunch of rookie magicians.
- Adam DeVine as Andy, a counselor to the magic camp of his youth hoping to reignite his career.
- Jeffrey Tambor as Roy Preston, the mentor and owner of the magic camp.
- Gillian Jacobs as Christina Darkwood, Andy’s former partner
- Nathaniel Logan McIntyre as Theo, a 12-year-old boy who attends the Magic Camp as he copes with his father's death.
- Cole Sand as Nathan, the best friend of Theo
- J.J. Totah as Judd
- Aldis Hodge as Devin
- Rochelle Aytes as Zoe
- Desmond Chiam as Xerxes
- Isabella Cramp as Ruth
- Izabella Alvarez as Vera
- Hayden Crawford as Vic
- Bianca Grava as Janelle
- Lonnie Chavis as Cameron
On November 2, 2016, it was announced that Walt Disney Pictures had cast Adam DeVine and Jeffrey Tambor to star in the family comedy film Magic Camp, which would be directed by Mark Waters from a latest script by Dan Gregor and Doug Mand, and a previous draft by Steve Martin. DeVine would play a counselor to the magic camp of his youth hoping to reignite his career, while Tambor will play Roy Preston, the mentor and owner of the magic camp. Suzanne Todd would produce the film. On November 9, 2016, Gillian Jacobs was cast in the film as Devine's character's former partner. J.J Totah was cast as Judd. On November 21, Disney added Cole Sand to play Nathan, the best friend of Theo, a 12-year-old boy who attends the Magic Camp as he copes with his father's death.
The film is scheduled to be released on April 6, 2018. lt was previously set for August 3, 2018 release.
- Kroll, Justin (November 2, 2016). "Adam DeVine and Jeffrey Tambor to Star in Disney’s ‘Magic Camp’". Variety. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (November 9, 2016). "‘Community’ Star Gillian Jacobs Joins Jeffrey Tambor, Adam DeVine in ‘Magic Camp’ (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- N'Duka, Amanda (November 21, 2016). "Shyrley Rodriguez & Chinese Stars Added To ‘Pacific Rim 2’; Cole Sand Enrolls In ‘Magic Camp’". Deadline. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Evry, Max (January 10, 2017). "Magic Camp Begins Production with Jeffrey Tambor". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Lesnick, Silas (April 25, 2017). "Disney Movie Release Schedule Gets a Major Update". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved April 25, 2017.