Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014
Magic 2014 – Duels of the Planeswalkers (referred to in shorthand as DotP 2014 or Magic 2014) is a video game based on the popular collectible card game of the same name, first published by Wizards of the Coast in 1993. The game was released on 26 June 2013 on PC (Steam), Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade), PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Network), iPad (iTunes), and Android devices (Google Play and the Amazon Appstore). It is the fourth game in the Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers series. The gameplay follows that of the original card game, however within a more restrained framework. It includes a new feature, "Sealed Play", which allows players to open virtual booster packs and build their own decks. These decks can be used in the special Sealed campaign, and also in multiplayer. The game, like all the previous installments, is priced $10.00 on all platforms. Additional slots for custom made decks can be purchased separately for $1.99. The sequel, Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015, was released in 2014.
|Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers|
|Publisher(s)||Wizards of the Coast|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, Android|
|Release||June 26, 2013|
|Genre(s)||Collectible card game|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
The Digital Fix gave the game 9/10 with Rob Kershaw praising the tutorial and new Sealed Play mode, as well as the replay value.
The Game Scouts praised the game by saying "If you've retired slinging spells for a while and want to pop back in to see what Magic has become, DotP 2014 will convince you why you fell in love with the game to begin with." 
- "Magic 2014 — Duels of the Planeswalkers on Steam". Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 breaks down the game's complications". Polygon. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Metacritic - Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers". Metacritic. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "The Digital Fix- Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers". The Digital Fix. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers review". The Game Scouts. Retrieved 15 July 2013.