MPA – the Association of Magazine Media(Redirected from Magazine Publishers of America)
MPA is the industry trade association for multi-platform magazine media companies. Established in 1919, MPA represents 175 domestic magazine media companies with more than 900 titles, approximately 30 international companies, and more than 100 associate members. Staffed by magazine media specialists, MPA is headquartered in New York, New York, with a government affairs office in Washington, DC.
MPA hosts an annual conference, known as AMMC or the American Magazine Media Conference, for magazine media professionals. During the conference, media professionals discuss the future of the magazine media industry, both print and digital, including challenges and opportunities.
Publishers Information BureauEdit
MPA administers the Publishers Information Bureau (PIB), which releases consumer magazine advertising data on a monthly basis. PIB data is a trusted source of data for many news organizations, and is used to report on the state of the consumer magazine industry.
- Elliott, Stuart (2010-09-30). "Magazine Association Renames Itself". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "MPA – The Association of Magazine Media (formerly Magazine Publishers of America) - The Definitive Resource for the Magazine Industry". Magazine.org. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- Steve Cohn (2011-12-08). "Magazine Media Conference Opens With Plenty of Optimism". MinOnline. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- Botelho, Stefanie. "At AMC, Digital Focus Is Accompanied by Print Growth - Consumer @". Foliomag.com. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "MPA – The Association of Magazine Media (formerly Magazine Publishers of America) - Frequently Asked Questions". Magazine.org. 2005-04-06. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- Callahan, Sean. "Consumer magazine ad pages decrease 3.1% in 2011, 8.0% in fourth quarter | Stats/Surveys | Media Business". Btobonline.com. Archived from the original on 2012-01-21. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "American Society of Magazine Editors - National Magazine Awards 2012". Magazine.org. Retrieved 2012-02-10.