Magas Airport (Russian: Аэропорт "Магас" имени первого Героя России генерала С.С. Осканова), also known as Magas Oskanov Airport or Sleptsovskaya Airport is an airport in the Republic of Ingushetia near Ordzhonikidzevskaya, serving the capital city of Magas and the largest regional city of Nazran. The name Magas comes from the medieval capital of Alania. The name is translated from Ingush as a Sun City. Prior to 1992 Magas Airport was a Soviet military air base. It is sometimes referred to by the title of Magas Oskanov Airport, in honour of Soviet General and MiG-29 pilot Sulom-Bek Oskanov.
Magas Airport building
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Pobeda||Moscow-Vnukovo, St Petersburg|
Hajj: Medina, Jeddah
- "FlyAdvisor.ru". www.airpotmagas.ru. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "The airport of Magas in Ingushetia attacked by fire?". Russia-IC. 2009-09-15. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "Ingush leader calls dragging of Magas Airport opening unacceptable - Vestnik Kavkaza". vestnikkavkaza.net. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "Company News - Aeroflot launches flights to major cities in North Caucasus | Aeroflot". www.aeroflot.ru. Aeroflot. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Pobeda Adds New Domestic Routes in Sep/Oct 2015". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 May 2017.