Madness, Money & Music
This article does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Madness, Money & Music is the third album by singer Sheena Easton. It was released in 1982 and produced by Christopher Neil. The album includes the singles "I Wouldn't Beg for Water" (US #64) and "Machinery" (US #57, UK #38), as well as the UK single "Are You Man Enough". Significantly however, the album featured an early recording of the song "Wind Beneath My Wings", which would later be covered by Bette Midler in 1988 and many other artists after. The album was one of Easton's lower-charting efforts, only hitting US #85 and UK #44, but was more successful in Scandinavia and went Gold in Canada. Easton promoted the album by way of a half-hour special produced for British television and syndicated worldwide, during which she performed a number of songs from the album and embarked on her first world tour.
|Madness, Money & Music|
|Studio album by|
|Genre||Pop, Rock, Adult Contemporary|
|Length||44.26 (UK) |
|Label||EMI / EMI America (original), RT Industries (current)|
|Sheena Easton chronology|
A CD reissue in 2000 added the bonus tracks and B-sides from One Way Records.
On February 23, 2013, Edsel Records (UK) reissued Easton's "You Could Have Been with Me" & "Madness, Money and Music" in two compact disc packages remastered with bonus tracks.
On November 24, 2014 the album was included in an Original Album Series box set in the UK with all of Easton's first five albums with EMI through Warner Music Group, which now owns the rights to all of EMI's back catalogs.
UK Track listingEdit
- "Weekend in Paris" (Sue Quinn) - 4:10
- "Are You Man Enough" (Billy Livsey, Graham Lyle) - 3:28
- "I Wouldn't Beg for Water" (Michael Leeson, Peter Vale) - 4:16
- "Machinery" (Julia Downes) - 3:01
- "Ice Out in the Rain" (Michael Leeson, Peter Vale) - 4:46
- "I Don't Need Your Word" (Michael Leeson, Peter Vale) - 3:22
- "Madness Money and Music" (Barry Black, Brian Chatton) - 3:54
- "There When I Needed You" (John Lewis Parker, Steve Kipner) - 3:01
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" (Larry Henley, Jeff Silbar) - 4:04
- "You Do It" (Deborah Allen, Eddie Struzick) - 3:41
- "In the Winter" (Janis Ian) - 3:10
- "Please Don't Sympathise" (Steve Thompson) - 3:33
US Track listingEdit
- "Weekend in Paris"
- "I Wouldn't Beg for Water"
- "Are You Man Enough"
- "Ice Out in the Rain"
- "Madness Money and Music"
- "Wind Beneath My Wings"
- "There When I Needed You"
- "In the Winter"
- "You Do It"
CD Bonus tracks:
- "Some of Us Will" - 3:33
- "Loner" (Peter Vale) - 2:38
- "So We Say Goodbye" - 2:08
- Sheena Easton – lead and backing vocals
- Bias Boshell – keyboards
- Ian Lynn – synthesizer
- Micky Moody – guitar
- Phil Palmer – guitar
- Mo Foster – bass
- Peter Van Hooke – drums
- Frank Ricotti – percussion
- Chris Hunter – saxophones
- Guy Barker – trumpets
- Tony Hall – saxophones
- Alan Carvell – backing vocals
- Christopher Neil – backing vocals
- John Kirby – backing vocals
- Producer – Christopher Neil
- Engineer – Nick Ryan
- Recorded at AIR Studios (Montserrat, West Indies).
- Mastered by Steve Rooke at Strawberry Mastering (London, England).
- Design – Roy R. Guzman
- Photography – Brian Aris