Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from a source, possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. (January 2017)|
The Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT) is a Technical Residential University located in the city of Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. Established in 1962, as Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College, the college became affiliated with Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, in 2000. It was granted the status of "autonomous institute" by the University Grants Commission in 2011. The college became a university on 1 December 2013 by Act No. 22/2013 of U.P. Govt. But University started functioning from 17 December 2013 after Prof(Dr.) Onkar Singh took over as the first Vice Chancellor of the University. It was also one of the 127 technical institutions in India which were the recipients of funding from World Bank's International Development Association (IDA) in the phase one (2004-2009) of the Technical Engineering Educational Quality Improvement Project (TEQIP) - the first World Bank project in Higher education in India.
|Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College(1962-2013)|
|Motto||"योगः कर्मसु कौशलम्"|
Motto in English
|"Work is Worship",|
|Type||State University (India)|
|Established||1962 as Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College which has been reconstituted as Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur with effect from 1 December 2013|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof.(Dr.) Sri Niwas Singh|
|Location||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
The University is established by Act of Uttar Pradesh Government. The Board of Management is the highest executive authority for the University. University also has Academic Council and Finance Committee under the chairmanship of Vice Chancellor as per the provisions of the Act.
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur has been established in year 2013 by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in the form of a non-affiliating, teaching and research University after reconstituting the Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur which was established in 1962.
Bachelor Of Technology The University offers a Bachelor of Technology degree course of four years duration in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Master Of Technology The University offers twelve full-time M.Tech. programmes in Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical and Computer Sc. & Engineering Departments. The duration of the M.Tech. programme is two years (four semesters). The first and second semesters of this programme contains the course work while the third and fourth semesters are devoted solely to thesis work. The students are required to submit a dissertation in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the master's degree at the end of fourth semester.
Master of Computer Applications A three-year M.C.A. Programme is being offered from the session 1987-88. The present intake is 60. The course aims at training manpower for information system leading to a professional cadre that will develop, install and maintain computer systems for management in industries in addition to application of software development. The course curriculum spreading over six semesters (three years) includes courses in Computer Science as well as Management and Mathematics with a number of electives like Client Server Computing, Compiler Design, Multimedia Systems, Advanced Computer Networks, Parallel and Distributed Algorithms etc. Students devote the last semester in industry for six months project work that provides them an opportunity to get familiar with state-of-art industry environment/culture.
Master of Business Administration The Centre for Management Studies of the University came into existence in 2001. Since then, it has been offering full-time MBA programme under self -finance scheme. The courses, as prescribed by Gautam Buddha Technical University with dual specialization are as follows
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Ph.D. courses The University is approved by A.I.C.T.E. to award Ph.D. degrees under the Quality Improvement Programme. The total intake for Ph.D. under QIP is 8 (2 seats in each of the four disciplines i.e. EE, EC, CE and ME).
The university is in the eastern part of the city on Gorakhpur - Deoria road, about 9 Kilometers from Gorakhpur Railway Station as well as from main Gorakhpur Roadways bus-station.
It is a fully residential technological University, with five boys' hostels, three girls' hostels, and residences for faculty and staff. Subhash, Raman, Tagore, Ambedkar and Visvesvaraya, Tilak are the boys hostel, out of which Visvesvaraya, Tilak is resided only by the freshers. Saraswati, Sarojini, Kalpana and Kasturba are the prominent girls hostel. Every bhawan is consummated with a mess, common room, sport facilities like T.T, Volleyball etc. Tilak and Ambedkar are the newly constructed hostels with intake capacity of 120 and 240 respectively. One new Boys Hostel named Ramanujam is nearing completion with capacity of 240 while the additional capacity addition of Raman Bhawan and Subhash Bhawan is underway with capacity addition of 240 each in existing capacity.
- University Cafeteria
- University Health Centre and Physiotherapy Center:
- Homeopathic Clinic
- Reprographic facilities in ITRC
- University Stationary Shop
- General Purpose Grocery Store
- Day Scholar Club
- Ambulance Service
- Battery Rickshaw for transit within Campus
- Bus Facility
- Post Office
- SBI Branch in Campus
- ATM’s of PNB and SBI
Life at MalaviyaEdit
The Council of Student's Activities has been given the responsibility of organizing extra and co-curricular activities in the university. Both the faculty and students are member of its various sub counsils and clubs. They are elected and nominated every year in odd semesters. The sub-councils/clubs are as follows:
- Sports Sub-Council
- Cultural Sub-Council
- Literary Sub-Council or Malavika Ed Board
- Malaviyan Digital Sub Council
- Photography Club
- Hobby Club
- Martial Arts Club
- Day Scholar Club
- Resident Scholar Club
- Personality Development & Career Counselling Cell
- Yoga Club
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- Innovation Cell
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
Events and festivalsEdit
MMMUT is host to several national,state-level conferences, seminars and programs . Apart from them, the college organises the following events and youth festivals:
- Abhivyakti - National Level Cultural Festival.
- TechSrijan - It is annual technical festival of the university organised with the help of the professional societies of SAE, IEEE, CES of the university.
- Hackathon -to develop sustainable innovative solutions to solve real time challenges faced by the nation.
- e-Yantra Robotics Competition-Unique annual competition for undergraduate students in Engineering/ Science/ Polytechnic colleges
- avlamban - It is annual technical maga festival of the university organised by civil engineering department of mmmut
The list of various Alumni of the college can be found in the alumni link provided on the University website.
1. Mr. A. P. Mishra, Managing Director (Ex), Uttar Pradesh Power Corp. Ltd.
2. Mr. Manoj Kumar Jain, Managing Director, Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited
3. Mr. Sudhir Kumar Verma, Director (Technical), Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd. (MVVNL), UP
4. Mr. Ved Mani Tiwari, Chief Operating Officer, Sterlite Power
5. Mr. Varun Saxena, Founder- careeranna.com
6. Mr. Prabhakar Singh, Director (Project), Power Grid Corporation (PGCIL)
7. Late Anurag Tiwari (IAS,2007 batch)
8. Gaurav Singh (IPS, Maharashtra Cadre)
9. Mohsina Tabassum (IRS, Ministry of Finance of GOI)
10. Rahul Sharma, CEO & MD- Skoda Power Pvt. Ltd.
- TNN,S 28 Jul 2011, 10.44 PM IST (2011-07-28). "MMM Engineering College, Gorakhpur gets autonomous status". The Times of India. Retrieved 2011-07-29.
- "MMMUT, Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur". www.mmmut.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- "MMMUT, Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur". www.alumni.mmmut.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-08-01.