Madakasira is a town with a population 19,432 in 2001 and also a mandal in Anantapur district in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. It is located near the state border with Karnataka. The Hill Fort in the village is one of the centrally protected monumemts of national importance.
|• Total||30.17 km2 (11.65 sq mi)|
|• Density||710/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Madakasira is located at  It has an average elevation of 676 metres (2221 ft). The height of the Madakasira hill is 2936 feet from the Sea Level.Formerly Madakasira is called as SIMHAGIRI because hill from one side looks like a sleeping lion.Around Madakasira there are numerous isolated Peaks and Rocky Clusters which are devoid of any vegetation. Madakasira town is cooler compared to the climate of elsewhere in Anantapur District, hence aptly known as Ooty of Anantapur District..
There are more than 20 villages in the Madakasira Mandal, they are Halukur, Amidalagondi, Eguva Ramagiri, Maruvapalli, E Achampalli, Kothalam, Chandakacherela, Gowdanahalli, R Anantapuram, Chatram, Mallinayakkanahalli, Cheepuleti, Madakasira, Melavoi, Govindapuram, Jadrahalli, Karesankanahalli, Yerrabommanahalli, Upperlahalli, Haresamudram, Bullasamudram, Manur, Kallumarri, C Kodigapalle and Thirumaladevarahalli. Mandals in this Assembly region are Madakasira, Amarapuram, Rolla, Gudibanda and Agali.
There are many historical places near Madakasira related to Lord Shiva and numerous other temples and inscriptions.In Madakasira you can find a very big hill with a fort and a temple on its top build by Vijayanagara Samrajam. The town has recently constructed a very big Shirdi Sai Baba Temple 
The medium of education is Telugu and English, Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University's College of Agricultural Engineering is there in Madakasira town Near Tulasidaama vruddasramam Village, Penukonda Road.
- Total Population: 73,222 in 15,413 Households.
- Male Population: 37,344 and Female Population: 35,878
- Children Under 6-years of age: 9,709 (Boys - 4,972 and Girls – 4,739)
- Total Literates: 34,125
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Archived from the original on 14 May 2007. Retrieved 29 May 2007. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Anantapur District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 415. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Centrally Protected Monuments". Archeological Survey of India. Archived from the original on 26 June 2017. Retrieved 27 May 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Madakasira, India". www.fallingrain.com. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- Sewell, Robert (1882). Lists of the antiquarian remains in the Presidency of Madras. Printed by E. Keys, at the Government Press. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Here, SCs can't step into Yadav-dominated villages | Hyderabad News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- Madakasira mandal at Our Village India.org