|Summer Village of Ma-Me-O Beach|
|Census division||No. 11|
|• Type||Municipal incorporation|
|• Mayor||Don Fleming|
|• Governing body||Ma-Me-O Beach Summer Village Council|
|• Land||0.52 km2 (0.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||213.3/km2 (552/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−6 (MDT)|
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Summer Village of Ma-Me-O Beach recorded a population of 110 living in 63 of its 259 total private dwellings, a −2.7% change from its 2011 population of 113. With a land area of 0.52 km2 (0.20 sq mi), it had a population density of 211.5/km2 (547.9/sq mi) in 2016.
In the 2011 Census, the Summer Village of Ma-Me-O Beach had a population of 113 living in 63 of its 253 total dwellings, a -27.1% change from its 2006 population of 155. With a land area of 0.65 km2 (0.25 sq mi), it had a population density of 173.8/km2 (450.3/sq mi) in 2011.
Arts and cultureEdit
During a tour of western Canada, English recording artist Joan Armatrading, who recorded for A&M Records saw the road sign for Ma-Me-O Beach and liked the name so much that she later used it as a song title. The song was included on her 1980 album Me Myself I. Later, in 2012 Edmonton musician Christian Hansen released a song and music video which also utilized the towns name on his album C'mon Arizona.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- ePodunk. "Ma-Me-O Beach". Retrieved 2010-03-17.
- Freeway West. The Falun HIstorical Society. 1972. p. 821.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Lakedell School." Wetaskiwin Regional Division No. 11. Retrieved on September 13, 2018.