MV C Ocean Trader(Redirected from MV Cragside)
The vessel has been proposed to serve as a special operations base for up to 200 troops, hangar bays for helicopters, gyms and weapons lockers.
In November 2013, Maersk was awarded a $73 million contract to convert the ship.
The ship was in service as of 2017, and was reported to have operated in the Mediterranean and Baltic Seas.
|Draft||18.4 ft (5.6 m)|
|Length||633 ft (193 m)|
|Beam||85.3 ft (26.0 m)|
|Displacement||20,650 long tons (20,980 t)|
|Speed||14.2 kn (26.3 km/h)|
- Burgess, Richard R. (November 18, 2013). "MSC to Charter Maersk Ship for 'Maritime Support'". Seapower. Arlington, VA. Archived from the original on 2014-02-23. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "The Navy's Getting a Big, Secretive Special Operations 'Mothership' - Converted cargo vessel to carry copters, commandos". WarIsBoring.com. War Is BORING. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "DNV Exchange - CRAGSIDE - Summary". dnv.com. Det Norske Veritas. Archived from the original on 2014-02-22. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- Bender, Jeremy (4 February 2014). "The Navy Is Converting A Cargo Vessel Into A Special Operations Mothership". businessinsider.com. Business Insider, Inc. Archived from the original on 2014-07-20. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- Mercogliano, Salvatore R. (12 October 2017). "The Ultimate Stealth Ship". CIMSEC. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- "MV Cragside". Marine Traffic. Archived from the original on 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2014-07-20.