MTV Music (Australia and New Zealand)
|Launched||3 December 2013 (Australia)|
1 December 2015 (New Zealand)
|Owned by||ViacomCBS Networks UK & Australia|
|Picture format||720p HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Replaced||MTV Hits (Australia)|
MTV Hits & MTV Classic (New Zealand)
|Sky (NZ)||Channel 022 & 115|
|Vodafone TV (NZ)||Channel 22 & 115|
|FetchTV||Channel 139 (HD)|
On 29 October 2013, MTV announced they had been working with Foxtel since early 2013 to offer more diversity on the Foxtel platform, as their two current music dedicated channels – MTV Classic and MTV Hits – fought for the same audience as Foxtel Networks channels MAX and [V] Hits respectively. As such, it was decided that MTV Classic and MTV Hits would cease broadcasting on the Foxtel platform to be replaced by two new MTV channels. The channel to replace MTV Hits was MTV Music, the same name of the number one UK music channel, which will feature pop, rock, urban and alternative music.
On 30 November 2016, MTV Music moved from channel 808 to 803 on the Foxtel platform.
They are automated blocks of hit music videos at all. And similar to MTV Dance, MTV Music only broadcasts three 5-minute commercial breaks each hour.
- Night Shift
- Toasty Tunes
- MTV On The Go
- MTV Official Top 30
- On Demand x20
- Throwback Tracks
- Hungry, Hungry Hits
- Upload of the Week
- Hot af x10
- MTV Artists Only
- MTV Doodles
- What's New?
- Must See Vids x10
- MTV's Most Played x30/x40
- Homegrown Hits
- That's So Nineties
- Official Aria Chart x20/x10/x40
- Back to...
- U. S. A. x30
- 30 Most Downloaded
- MTV House Party
- MTV Upload
- MTV Likes
- 21 Under 21
- Indie Mixtape
- MTV Upload Encore
- A to Zedd on MTV
- RnB x Hip Hop
- Legit Hits
- MTV Asia Hits
- Can't Get You Out of My Head
- OK Danceoke
- 100% Pop Classics
- "MTV Dance and MTV Music to hit Foxtel this December!". MTV Australia. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Reid, Poppy (29 October 2013). "EXCLUSIVE: MTV AUSTRALIA TO LAUNCH TWO NEW CHANNELS – MTV MUSIC AND MTV DANCE". The Music Network. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- FetchTV (16 December 2013). "Fetch TV". Facebook. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Davidson, Darren (16 December 2013). "Fetch muscles up before a Foxtel grab". The Australian. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Sky TV (4 November 2015). "New channel alert! MTV NZ is mixing it up with the world's greatest music from the 90s to today - MTV Music launches 1 December on channel 022". Facebook. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- "MTV Music". Sky TV. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- Paigeturner (21 November 2016). "The music channels regroup to create more harmony". Foxtel. Retrieved 30 November 2016.