MS Amsterdam is a cruise ship owned and operated by Holland America Line, named for the city of Amsterdam, capital of the Netherlands. The ship is the fourth and last ship of the Rotterdam class (R class), which includes MS Rotterdam, MS Volendam, and MS Zaandam. She was co-flagship of the line along with her sister ship MS Rotterdam.
MS Amsterdam passing Lei Yue Mun
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Port of registry:||Netherlands, Rotterdam|
|Yard number:||Venice 6052|
|Maiden voyage:||30 October 2000|
|In service:||October 2000|
|Class and type:||Rotterdam class (R class) cruise ship|
|Length:||237.0 m (777.6 ft)|
|Beam:||32.25 m (105.8 ft)|
|Draught:||8.1 m (27 ft)|
|Deck clearance:||26.7 m (88 ft)|
|Installed power:||37,500 kW|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two ABB Azipod units (15.5 MW each)|
|Speed:||25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph)|
As with Rotterdam, Amsterdam features a multi-million dollar art collection. This includes a three-story, [once, but no longer] fully functional Astrolabe in the main atrium which took over 15 years to design.
During the summer, Amsterdam sails around Alaska; during the winter, she makes grand voyages around Asia, Australia/New Zealand & South Pacific. She also sails an around-the-world grand voyage round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Fuel consumption of 140 tons (39,500 gallons) of fuel per day at 21 knots speed.
- "Vessel details: MS Amsterdam". FleetMon. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Advanced Masterdata for the Vessel MS Amsterdam". VesselTracker. 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Sealetter New Cruise Ship Information". Sealetter Cruise Magazine. 16 October 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Ship's fuel consumption per mile". Cruise Critic forum. 4 September 2008.
- Media related to Amsterdam (ship, 2000) at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Professional photographs from shipspotting.com
- "MS Amsterdam (9188037)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Current position at MarineTraffic
- MS Amsterdam accidents & incidents from Cruise Minus.