|Commenced operations||November 1997|
|Hubs||Istanbul Atatürk Airport|
|Key people||Mehmet Nazif Günal, Founder|
The airline was established by Mehmet Nazif Günal in 1997 and started operations on 30 November 1997. Transatlantic services began in 1998 with a flight from Frankfurt to Toronto, followed by scheduled services to the USA on 8 November 1998. In mid-2002 passenger operations were added. In 2005 MNG won an award from Airbus for 100% reliability on the 30-year-old Airbus A300. On February 6, 2006 MNG ceased all passenger flights. Only cargo flights are being continued. In 2008, MNG Airlines acquired Slovenian cargo company Solinair.
In 2018, MNG began the operation of its twice-weekly freighter service linking Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) in Germany and John F. Kennedy International (JFK) in New York. The new flight is an expansion of the carrier's routes flown from CGN, which include flights to Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST) on behalf of Air France, and Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport (TLV) for its own operations.
MNG Airlines operates scheduled and charter services within the Middle East and to the Far East, United States and European destinations. It operates scheduled freighter services to the following destinations (as of July 2017):
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
The MNG Airlines fleet comprises the following aircraft (as of February 2020):
|Aircraft||In Service||Orders||Cargo Capacity||Notes|
|Airbus A300-600RF||5||—||47,000 kg|
|Airbus A330-200F||1||–||70,000 kg|
- "MNG Airlines". linkedin.com. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "MNG Airlines Services". mngairlines.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- Toczauer, Chelsea (2018-12-07). "MNG Airlines expands freighter services between CGN, JFK". AIRCARGOWORLD.COM. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "MNG schedule". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "MNG Airlines Fleet Details and History". www.planespotters.net. Retrieved 2020-02-16.
- 30 August 2012. "MNG Airlines takes delivery of its first A330-200F | Airbus News & Events" (Press release). Airbus.com. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
Media related to MNG Airlines at Wikimedia Commons
|This airline-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Turkish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|