MLB International is a division of Major League Baseball primarily responsible for international broadcasts of games. Prominently, in partnership with DirecTV and MLB Network, it produces and syndicates the All-Star Game, NLCS, ALCS, and the World Series, as well as the Caribbean Series, the Australian Baseball League Championship Series and the World Baseball Classic to broadcasters in over 200 countries, and the American Forces Network for U.S. military troops abroad.
Dave O'Brien provided commentary for MLB International's coverage of the World Series from 2004 until 2009. O'Brien teamed with his usual ESPN partner Rick Sutcliffe on broadcasts of the World Series and the American League Championship Series for MLB International.
From 1996 to 2002, and since 2010-2014, MLB International broadcasts the League Championship Series alternately, with the American League Championship Series in even-numbered years and the National League Championship Series in odd-numbered years.
Since 2015, production of the MLB International broadcasts has been assumed by the MLB Network. Matt Vasgersian (formerly of Fox and today part of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball in addition to the MLB Network, also former play-by-play television announcer for the San Diego Padres) has served as the play-by-play commentator; for the 2016 World Series onward, he was joined by Buck Martinez (play-by-play analyst of the Toronto Blue Jays for Sportsnet—which has carried the world feeds due to his involvement, and former color commentator for TBS) on color. Since 2018, with Matt now with ESPN part-time in addition to his MLB Network duties, Buck was joined for the All-Star Game duties by former Sunday Night Baseball voice Dan Shulman (who has also been paired with Martinez on selected Blue Jays games).
- Dave O'Brien and Rick Sutcliffe (All-Star Game, ALCS and the World Series, 2004–2009)
- Gary Thorne and Ken Singleton (All-Star Game, League Championship Series and the World Series, 1996–2003)
- Gary Thorne and Rick Sutcliffe (All-Star Game, League Championship Series and the World Series, 2010–2014)
- Matt Vasgersian and John Smoltz (All-Star Game and the World Series, 2015)
- Matt Vasgersian and Mark DeRosa (All-Star Game only, 2016)
- Matt Vasgersian and Buck Martinez (All-Star Game (2017), World Series (2016-present))
- Paul Severino and Joe Magrane (World Baseball Classic Pool A only, 2017)
- Rich Waltz and Buck Martinez (World Baseball Classic Pools B and E only, 2017)
- Matt Vasgersian, John Smoltz, and Jon Morosi (World Baseball Classic Pools C, D and F, round robin, semifinal and championship games only, 2017)
- Dan Shulman and Buck Martinez (All-Star Game only, (2018-present))
MLB International broadcastersEdit
- Worldwide: ESPN
- Asia: Fox Sports Asia (Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong), Star Sports Network (Indian Subcontinent)
- Australia: ESPN Australia
- New Zealand: ESPN Australia
- Canada: Sportsnet (English), RDS, TVA Sports (French)
- Caribbean: ESPN Caribbean
- China: Liaoning Television, Tianjin TV, Shenzhen TV, North Interactive TV, Shaanxi Television, Jiangsu TV
- Europe: beIN Sports (France), Fox Sports International (Netherlands), Canal+ Deportes 2 (Spain), BT Sport ESPN (UK and Ireland), SPORT1 (Germany), Sport 5 (Israel), Viasat Sport East (Russia), Arena sport (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia)
- Japan: NHK, J Sports
- South Korea: MBC, Spo TV, MBC Sports+, JTBC3 Fox Sports
- Latin America: Fox Sports Latinoamérica, RPC-TV, TV Max (Panama), Televisa (Mexico), Meridiano Televisión (Venezuela), RCN Televisión, Telecaribe, Win Sports (Colombia), ESPN Latin America, ESPN Brazil (Brazil)
- Dominican Republic: CDN 37 and CDN SportsMax
- Puerto Rico: WAPA-TV
- Curaçao: Telecuraçao
- North Africa and Middle East: beIN Sports, Fox Sports Middle East
- Taiwan: FTV
- United States: During Game 1 of the 2015 World Series, due to a power outage that affected a studio truck producing Fox's domestic coverage of the game, Fox temporarily switched to the MLB International feed of the game in order to restore coverage. The broadcast temporarily used the MLB International commentary, but was later overdubbed with Fox's broadcast team (led by Joe Buck) before the standard Fox Sports production was restored.
- "Less is More With MLB International". Canadian Sports Media Blog. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Less is More With MLB International". A Rouge's Point. October 19, 2012.
- Major League Baseball International TV Coverage
- Yahoo! Search Results for Major League Baseball International Gary Thorne
- "The World Series Is Truly Global With An International Audience". Fang's Bites. October 27, 2010. Archived from the original on February 3, 2011.
- "Sportsnet touts four million viewers for Jays vs. Orioles matchup". Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "World Series Game 1 delayed due to FOX broadcast issues". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Fox Sports has a nightmare as technical difficulties cause World Series delay". Awful Announcing. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- MLB International Broadcasting Information
- Major League Baseball International inks three new broadcast deals in advance of the 81st MLB All-Star Game in Anaheim
- MASN's Gary Thorne Named Play-by-Play Voice for Major League Baseball's International Broadcast of the ALCS and World Series
- MLB All-Star Game to be Broadcast in 230 Countries and Territories Around the Globe
- MLB International Delivers Pure Baseball to World Audience
- MLB International to broadcast Series