Mümtaz Tahincioğlu (born 1952 in Mardin, Turkey) is a former racing car driver and long-time president of the Turkish Motorsports Federation (TOSFED), FIA Council Member, and served as the secretary general of the sports club Galatasaray S.K..
|Born||1952 (age 67–68)|
|Related to||Jason Tahincioğlu|
|Championships||Turkish Formula Three Championship|
|Last updated on: September 19, 2013.|
Tahincioğlu lived in England between 1968 and 1989. He won the Turkish Karting Championship three times between 1989 and 1992 prior to racing in the World Karting Championships for Turkey. He competed in the first edition of Turkish Formula Three Championship in 1994.
Tahincioglu was president of the Turkish Motorsports Federation (TOSFED) between 1997 and 2012, succeeded by Demir Berberoğlu. He is the father of Jason Tahincioglu, a former Formula Three pilot and GP2 FMS International driver in 2006 and 2007.
- "Istanbul on alert for Grand Prix". BBC. 2005-08-16. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- Şansal, Tolga (2004-04-09). "Türkiye'nin Formula 3 Hikayesi". NTV-MSNBC (in Turkish). Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- "Mümtaz Tahincioğlu yeniden başkan". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2006-08-02. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- "Mümtaz Tahincioğlu "yokum" dedi". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2012-10-20. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- "Demir Berberoğlu yeniden başkan!". NTV (in Turkish). 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- Telegraph article Turkey bridges the great divide
|This biographical article relating to Turkish sport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to auto racing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|